Sheets or CC??

bo_chi_sox

Makes sense.

Man, if you were a Brewers fan and they got rid of Sexson (albeit the deal has panned out well) and then Sheets? I mean, the sausage race only draws a crowd for a little while, eventually you need to keep some of your talent.

Luckily they have the best farm system in the majors, but only if they got a lot of talent will they move Sheets. They are still probably 2-3 years from competing, but they are getting close.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily they have the best farm system in the majors, but only if they got a lot of talent will they move Sheets.  They are still probably 2-3 years from competing, but they are getting close.

That's why they don't want to move Sheets now, they don't want to call up prospects who aren't ready to contribute rite away at the big leagues. They've got some insane position prospects like Richie Weeks and Prince Fielder. :o

That's why they don't want to move Sheets now, they don't want to call up prospects who aren't ready to contribute rite away at the big leagues. They've got some insane position prospects like Richie Weeks and Prince Fielder.  :o

Don't forget Anthony Gwynn.. ;)

Don't forget Anthony Gwynn.. ;)

Gwynn was supposed to be a major reach for them in the 2nd round I recall, I think he was a 3rd or 4th round talent, they could hav had Sweeney. What are his numbers this year? ;)

Gwynn was supposed to be a major reach for them in the 2nd round I recall, I think he was a 3rd or 4th round talent, they could hav had Sweeney. What are his numbers this year?  ;)

Gwynn is struggling this year as we speak.

Here is his and the other prospects numbers ;)

BTW, their pitching is horrible in their system.

http://milb.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnfor...l.aspx?team=342

Gwynn is struggling this year as we speak.

Here is his and the other prospects numbers ;)

BTW, their pitching is horrible in their system.

http://milb.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnfor...l.aspx?team=342

Yeah they need pitching prospects big time, they'll prob go for pitching early, with their 1st pick mayb one of the Rice 3some. ;)

Sheets could be traded cause he's arbitration elegible. The Cerveceros have a hell of a farm team and some good talent in the majors to start being competive. Too bad they won't be able to keep them long enough and they'll probably become yanks

The Brewers also have another kid down there who doest get much recognition, but is a stud. His name is Callix Crabbe. The 21 yr. old right now is batting .294-0-23 in their single A team, and has walked more than he as struke out (30BB 20SO) The real knock on him though is his defense. (8 errors) but is a pretty good prospect.

but you have to learn to look at things from other teams perspectives

:lol:

CW406 is not doing anything that you haven't done with Wright and Pacheco among others in the Perez thread - namely grossely misjudge their value to other teams.

I personally couldn't care less what some scout hack projects Reed as. We've all seen the rate of success when it comes to such predictions - if only in the "Draft and Talent" thread. :cheers

I think Brother Jeremiah still has good value even after the (I am sure

wrist-related) power outage in AAA, and I do hope he becomes Mark Kotsay in one aspect - defense.

Check that, if he could come up and do what Kotsay did in 2002 but with better SB-CS % (say, 16-4 as opposed to 11-9), then I and many other teams wouldn't mind the comparison.

Which is not to say that he could net us Sheets or Sabathia - position players with good upside don't compare favorably with pitchers with actual track history of ML dominance. The latter are a more prized commodity.

Otis? Loser. Agreed.

:lol:

CW406 is not doing anything that you haven't done with Wright and Pacheco among others in the Perez thread - namely grossely misjudge their value to other teams.

I personally couldn't care less what some scout hack projects Reed as. We've all seen the rate of success when it comes to such predictions - if only in the "Draft and Talent" thread. :cheers

I think Brother Jeremiah still has good value even after the (I am sure

wrist-related) power outage in AAA, and I do hope he becomes Mark Kotsay in one aspect - defense.   

Check that, if he could come up and do what Kotsay did in 2002 but with better SB-CS % (say, 16-4 as opposed to 11-9),  then I and many other teams wouldn't mind the comparison.

Which is not to say that he could net us Sheets or Sabathia - position players with good upside don't compare favorably with pitchers with actual track history of ML dominance.  The latter are a more prized commodity.

Otis?  Loser.  Agreed.

Brando, I didn't overvalue either Wright or Pacheco, so quit overexegerating. At no point did I say that either were guaranteed to be good major league pitchers. The point with the Perez deal was that the Dodgers didn't deserve much more than Konerko in return, so a couple of toss-ins(like Wright and/or Pacheco) should have been enough to be swing a deal. Both have rebounded nicely so far and have realitively similar value(remember to adjust Perez's stats).

The point with Reed is that he probably isn't a future star and his upside potential is rather limited. What you see is pretty much what you get. He projects to be a...

.280-.300/10-15/60-70 25-30 2B 60-70 BB 60-70 SO 15-20 SB high .700-low .800 OPS

...calibur player. Those are decent stats, but that calibur of a player isn't worth a young, cheap, talented front of the rotation starter like Sheets or CC(which you agree with). This might be a case in which YOU overrate the value of a Sox player.

The Brewers also have another kid down there who doest get much recognition, but is a stud. His name is Callix Crabbe. The 21 yr. old right now is batting .294-0-23 in their single A team, and has walked more than he as struke out (30BB 20SO) The real knock on him though is his defense. (8 errors) but is a pretty good prospect.

Krynzel, Hall.. prospects for Overbay and Spivey come the deadline.. there in great shape.

Let me ask you guys this. How many starts a season does a 5th starter get? If we go out and give up a lot for a starter then Garland or Shoenweis will become the 5th starter. Both have pitched really well this season. I don't think the 5th starter spot comes up that often to be a NEED. Now if you don't think Shoenweis or Garland can not keep it up the whole season and you want a more dependable pitcher to take their place that is a different situation. I just don't think that we should give up a lot for a player that affects only 15-20 games a year.

I would be more inclined to get a left handed bat or a closer before going after a 5th starter. That is just my personal opinion on the matter.

You would also have to take into consideration the depth issue. If one of our big 4 gets hurt, we're toast, unless we do get another quality pitcher.

Plays for them. And I'm not saying Otis made anything up. Perhaps his source ran with something they were not sure of. But from what I was told there is "no way in hell" (quote) Ben is avaliable.

Don't shoot the messenger.  :ph34r:

Okay, thanks for sharing that Steff. :headbang

CWSOX45