NBA pre-draft and prospects thread

As Bball fans know the NBA draft is coming up June 24. Here are some good draft sites to get this thread off the ground:

NBADraft.net

Draft City

ESPN Draft Central

HoopsHype

About.com

InsideHoops

NBADraft.tk (Be a little careful of this one, I heard it might have some spyware)

Basketball Boards Draft Forum

Also who do you think the Bulls will go after if they DON'T trade the pick in a package deal? Its most likely going to be between Deng, Igoudala, and Childress.

Some of those sites are no more knowledgable than me or you. If there's any I would trust it would be Draft City, NBAdraft.net was pretty good last year but supposedly Draft City has better sources now. With all the foreigners though like I have been saying, its still a big crap shoot. Nobody knows who's staying in the draft or who's not, and who's given who a guarantee at spots. Its gonna be a crazy draft.

Really I only read NBAdraft.net, Draft City, and ESPN (Ford has great Insider articles). .net used to be my top source, but they didn't update on time, not too many articles, and went to a pay site. Comparing .net and Draft City is really interesting. The "Poster Boy" of .net would arguably be Ivan Chiriaev, but he ended up doing terrible in front of scouts. On the other hand, the poster boy for DC would be PJ Ramos, who they basicly uncovered out of nowhere, and now he is climbing up a lot of mocks and draft boards; he might be the real deal. That gave DC a ton of credibility (mind you after Matt Maurer, of .net, blasted DC on basketballboards.net). We might have a new top dog...

I think now Orlando is either goin to trade the #1 pick per T-Mac wishes or trade T-Mac in for Stevie Franchise and others / draft picks in a package, and take Dwight Howard with their #1 pick. They could trade the #1 for Pau Gasol though, there's been rumors of that possibly happenin. :o

I think now Orlando is either goin to trade the #1 pick per T-Mac wishes or trade T-Mac in for Stevie Franchise and others / draft picks in a package, and take Dwight Howard with their #1 pick. They could trade the #1 for Pau Gasol though, there's been rumors of that possibly happenin.  :o

any chance of the magic trading the #1 pick strait up for our #3 pick :huh

:lol:

That wouldn't suprise me at all to see Chandler, #3, and something else traded for the 1st pick and Howard going to play beside Curry. So many different options in this draft, who knows whats gonna take place.

I'm not a big fan of Chad Ford, he does an awesome job with the foreigners, I will give him credit for that. But his American stuff is severely lacking. He posts mainly rumors from other sites and got in trouble because he posted a false rumor about JR Smith signing with an agent way before it actually happened.

That wouldn't suprise me at all to see Chandler, #3, and something else traded for the 1st pick and Howard going to play beside Curry. So many different options in this draft, who knows whats gonna take place.

I wouldn't count on it, but who knows what could happen in this draft. I wouldn't think they put another highschooler on the team. One interesting mock I saw had the clips grabbing Deng at 3, then Atlanta trading the #6 and Jason Terry the the Bulls for the #3 and E-Rob. Hopefully Iggy would be there the 6 for us to take, but if not there are a ton of other options: Childress, Snyder, Jackson, or another trade.

Just curious...Where is Josh Smith, former IU recruit, predicted to be going right now?

Like most everybody from #4 through the mid teens, it is WIDE OPEN. Cats might take him at 4, or Hawks at 6 if they can't get Livingston or opt him over Harris. I'd say most likely he goes to Atlanta, as it would be the hometown pick, but I highly doubt he falls past #11 or so.

I don't follow the NBA much, just the college game...where is Harris slated to go? That middle of the first round area?

He's most likely a top 10 pick. He could go to Washington at 5, Atlanta at 6, Toronto at 8, and Cleveland at 10. IMO, the Raptors will grab him at 8, if he is still there. He's in the same boat as a lot of there guys, whereas his stock could go way up at the predraft camps, esp. Chicago, or could fall into the mid teens, but he'd be a nice fit in Cleveland, and I wouldn't expect him to fall past there. No picks are set in stone this year, not even Okafor at 1.

I know a lot about college guys, but i don't know anything about all the foreigners and only some about high school guys and what team's needs are. But i like to see where college guys end up going. I think Harris can be a pretty damn good NBA player.

I know a lot about college guys, but i don't know anything about all the foreigners and only some about high school guys and what team's needs are. But i like to see where college guys end up going. I think Harris can be a pretty damn good NBA player.

IF he falls to 10, I would really like to see the Cavs take him. A Harris/Lebron backcourt would be pretty damn good. He's been compared to Gilbert Arenas and Sam Cassel. The decision a lot of teams are goin to have to make, regarding point guards, will be weather or not they will go young and take a high schooler for the future, or the more seasoned college player. Livingston, Gordon, and Harris are the top teir this year, bu there could be some great steals in the mid to late 1st round and even into the 2nd-- Jameer Nelson, Sebastian Telfair, and a couple of Euro kids that might have to play in Europe a year or two-- Vujacic and Ukic.

a little off topic, but what is spyware?

It's s*** that downloads itself onto your computer via you going to websites and then allows other people to track things you do...passwords, credit card numbers, ID's, things like that...they slow down your computer, and make popups come up(not like the popups you get when you go to certain sites...you can have no internet browser open and they will just open themselves).

Not sure if that's exactly what spyware is, but it is pretty close. Spyware is nasty s***. I believe one program that gets rid of spyware is Lavasoft...my dad downloaded that for his computer, and it pretty much wiped out all the spyware he had. I've also used Spybot Search and Destroy, and that works OK too.

BTW, here's a definition of spyware off of google....I was pretty close...

"A general term for a program that surreptitiously monitors your actions. While they are sometimes sinister, like a remote control program used by a hacker, software companies have been known to use spyware to gather data about customers. The practice is generally frowned upon. "

I'm now hearing that the Bobcats are very interested in Ben Gordon, as he REALLY impressed them at a workout. Shaun Livingston basically told them not to draft him also, which they didn't like, because even after saying they weren't gonna draft a high schooler, they were gonna draft him anyways. This is gonna be a very interesting draft like I said.

They also said Igoudala is the most athletic person in the draft, even over Josh Smith, thats a hell of a statement.

There's been rumors of Orlando actually trading the pick for Pau Gasol of Memphis, or trading down with Atlanta for their 1st pick and Jason Terry. Rite now I think if the Magic trade down, it'll be with Charlotte for the best big they pick in the expansion draft, and then the Magic can take Shawn Livingston. :)

Edited by DBAH0

They also said Igoudala is the most athletic person in the draft, even over Josh Smith, thats a hell of a statement.

A former track star:

Strengths: Extremely athletic, as evidenced by his second place high-jump finish in Illinois during his junior year with a 6'7" jump -- he did not participate his senior year. Only playing varsity on his high school team since his junior year, Iguodala is more of track star turning into a basketball player. Great lateral quickness, he can clog up anyone with his in-your-face defensive tactics. An unselfish player with great court vision, he can agglomerate assists with the best of them. His learning curve is great at this point in his career and the sky is the limit for him.