Another 5th starter option...

redandwhite

what  :huh

i dont know... something must have happened in the clubhouse why would they just release him :huh:

He got shelled by the Twins of all teams..

Anyways though, look what Paul Wilson's doing for Cincy, Abbott could definitly be effective for a few starts, and even if he isnt.. he's a better option than a 4 man rotation or calling up non-ready minor leaguers and then having them get shelled, am i right?

a former 17 game winner just 3 years ago, why not give him a shot to hold down the fort for a couple of weeks?

Danny Wright is two years removed from being a 14 game winner. Not saying this guy sucks, because he shut us down, but what you did three years ago isn't necessarily an indication that you'll be good now. And as another poster pointed out Ozzie saying, if Tampa Bay doesn't want you, well you know the rest.

I went to the game in Tampa where Abbott pitched a clinic against the Sox. He didn't pitch bad the other night against the Twins...bad defense and some iffy-calls didn't help his cause. I've also seen him pitch a good game against the Yankees this year. He throws strikes and can give you some innings. I think the White Sox should most deffinitly take a look at him.

Personally, I think we should wait a week or two to see what pitchers are available for a trade. Think Sheets, Sabathia, or Garcia. In the meantime, with the days off lately, just go to a 4 man rotation. IMHO. ;)

what, like Sabathia? give me a break, he's going nowhere.. and unless Borchard or Reed are available, Garcia isn't coming.

Did your see me put a pitcher's name of what I stated? All I said is we will get a solid pitcher. Period.

Did your see me put a pitcher's name of what I stated? All I said is we will get a solid pitcher. Period.

I wasn't challenging you or knocking you in anyway, im just saying these Sheets and Sabathia rumors are absolutely insane. Garcia's even pushing it.

I can see the White Sox making a Red Sox esque pick-up ala Jeff Suppan but thats about it.

I wasn't challenging you or knocking you in anyway, im just saying these Sheets and Sabathia rumors are absolutely insane.  Garcia's even pushing it.

I can see the White Sox making a Red Sox esque pick-up ala Jeff Suppan but thats about it.

Understandable. BTW, I am tired so if I sound grumpy in my post, please forgive me.. :)

If they handled him properly, yes. They didn't put him in the best position to succeed. Comparing him to Ritchie is way off.

Ritchie wasn't really put in the best of situations either.. trying to live up to the savior that people were calling him?