Another 5th starter option...

redandwhite

Well newspapers, magazines, analysts, etc. all thought that Buehrle and Ritchie would be a dominant 1-2 punch..

I remember reading things about how they were gonna be a great one two punch. And the whole time i was reading those articles i was shaking my head laughing just because they were talking about todd ritchie.

I wasn't challenging you or knocking you in anyway, im just saying these Sheets and Sabathia rumors are absolutely insane.  Garcia's even pushing it.

I can see the White Sox making a Red Sox esque pick-up ala Jeff Suppan but thats about it.

A Jeff Suppan type player? KW doesn't give a rats about the Sox prospects. He'll get them an impact player like Freddy Garcia.

I remember reading things about how they were gonna be a great one two punch. And the whole time i was reading those articles i was shaking my head laughing just because they were talking about todd ritchie.

me too, but I never thought Ritchie would have been that bad.

I wasn't challenging you or knocking you in anyway, im just saying these Sheets and Sabathia rumors are absolutely insane.  Garcia's even pushing it.

I can see the White Sox making a Red Sox esque pick-up ala Jeff Suppan but thats about it.

I don't see what's so insane about it. KW has always been an aggressive GM.

It being insane has 100% to do with Sabatahia and Sheets being ultimately impossible to obtain.  There not going anywhere unless someone offers an arm and a leg.

As I said, KW's always been aggressive. I believe there is something more than just smoke and mirrors behind these rumors. Whether a trade happens or not, I'd believe KW's talking about them.

As I said, KW's always been aggressive.  I believe there is something more than just smoke and mirrors behind these rumors.  Whether a trade happens or not, I'd believe KW's talking about them.

Okay great, so Kenny's one of 30 gms talking to Milwaukee and Cleveland about two young studs ;p

Personally I don't see how this would be such a bad idea myself.

Remember guys we don't need a great pitcher, we just need an average pitcher.

This guy would come cheap and just getting us 5 wins would be enough to put us over the top.

Also some people just play harder when they are on a competitive team and they have something to prove.

It could of been a case of he saw them going no where and just dogged it.

It being insane has 100% to do with Sabatahia and Sheets being ultimately impossible to obtain.  There not going anywhere unless someone offers an arm and a leg.

Cle. and Milw. probably are asking for the moon for their guys, rightly so. But they'd move them if they got the right package. Odds are, no team will meet their asking prices. Esp. the Sox with the Maggs injury and uncertainty surrounding him.