Representing the White Sox

cwsox

The last place Fort Wayne Wizards or whatever they are invaded the home of the next to last place West Michigan Whitecaps (a/the Tiger A farm team) and I felt obligated to cheer for the Whitecaps since they are the local team - and the Whitecaps defeated the evil Indiana team.

My Sox tatoos were quite the curiosity in our section (right behind home plate). :headbang :headbang :headbang Let it be known that I represented well for us.

The last place Fort Wayne Wizards or whatever they are invaded the home of the next to last place West Michigan Whitecaps (a/the Tiger A farm team) and I felt obligated to cheer for the Whitecaps since they are the local team - and the Whitecaps defeated the evil Indiana team.

My Sox tatoos were quite the curiosity in our section (right behind home plate).    :headbang  :headbang  :headbang Let it be known that I represented well for us.

:lolhitting

The Wizards are really stinking it up this year; they're now the Padres affiliate. It was cool a couple years back the Padres used to come in for an exhibition game. I met Tony Gywnn during one of these.

They used to be the Twins affiliate; it's pretty interesting. We've had Torii Hunter, Hawkins, Koskie, Pierzynski, Guzman, Lawton, etc. play here. So it's pretty weird rooting against these guys now.

The Whitecaps put up these banners of their former players in the big leagues and my seat was directly under the Robert Fick banner. :ph34r: For new comers or forgetful long timers, there is no player that I detest as much as I detest Robert Fick. I could have moved a section over and sat under the Jeff Weaver banner but I passed on that.

For some reason my grandson cannot abide Dmitri Young. Absolutely abhors Dmitri Young. He'd go to every Tiger game at USCF and every Sox game at Comerica if he could just to boo Dmitri Young. The best I can figure is the kid thinks D Young is a big fat slob.

Kid has got a point!

The Sox had a team in that league Burlington Bees, How come they are no longer a Sox affiliate? I notice the Sox-less Burlington Bees have an average attendance of 809 a game.

there is no player that I detest as much as I detest Robert Fick

Get in line kiddo, I am the prez of the 'f*** Fick' club. On Tuesdays, there's tuna. :headbang

Little known Sick Fick Fact: as a Braves 1B, he fielded and hit SO BADLY, that in retrospect he was THE reason behind Cubs almost making it to the Series in 2003. In NLDS, he dropped a foul ball, he slipped while fielding a bunt, he dropped what would have been a big run-saving DP.....he struck out, he popped up with RISP, he hit into a huge momentum killing DP and had to be stopped at 3rd on another play cuz he read the ball wrong.

By the time Bobby Cox realized what a worthless scumbag he was, Cubs were already up 2-1 in the series and it was too late.

:fyou Robert

Get in line kiddo, I am the prez of the 'f*** Fick' club. On Tuesdays, there's tuna.  :headbang

Little known Sick Fick Fact:  as a Braves 1B, he fielded and hit SO BADLY, that in retrospect he was THE reason behind Cubs almost making it to the Series in 2003. In NLDS, he dropped a foul ball, he slipped while fielding a bunt, he dropped what would have been a big run-saving DP.....he struck out, he popped up with RISP, he hit into a huge momentum killing DP and had to be stopped at 3rd on another play cuz he read the ball wrong.

By the time Bobby Cox realized what a worthless scumbag he was, Cubs were already up 2-1 in the series and it was too late.

:fyou Robert

You'll be glad to know the D-Rays are thinkin of releasin him at this moment, hence why Fred McGriff was called up. ;)

The Sox weren't in Burlington for very long. I don't think they ever wanted to go to Burlington, but they got squeezed out and didn't have much choice - much like the year they had to put a AAA team in Calgary.

After the Sox left Hickory, they wanted to stay in the NC area, but couldn't at that time, so Burlington was a temporary move. Having three teams in NC and another in the South - Birmingham - makes it easier and less expensive to run those teams. Travel is cheaper for both players moving from one team to another as is travel for roving instructors. It also allows roving instructors to see teams more often.