Frank to the #3 Spot while Maggs out?

Texsox

I'm wondering if Ozzie will bump FRank into the #3 spot or insert someone else. With the way Kong has been hitting, moving him to #4 and bumoing Frank up seems like the best solution. If Uribe continues his numbers, he may look good at #3.

I'm wondering if Ozzie will bump FRank into the #3 spot or insert someone else. With the way Kong has been hitting, moving him to #4 and bumoing Frank up seems like the best solution. If Uribe continues his numbers, he may look good at #3.

Ozzie has stated that Frank will be his #3 and Carlos his #4 whenever Magglio is out.

Paulie's been hittin well at the #5 spot, I'd leave him there with Gload or Valentin at #6. Lee seems to be hittin betta as well at the #4 spot and we need him to now.  ;)

I have no issues with how that's going. Just as long as we get some damn runs for our starters.

Count me as one who thinks there needs to be some reshuffling with maggs gone.

If you have Frank in the #3 and Lee in the #4 we have a problem. It's been demonstrated already.

Lee is batting .129 w/ 2out, RISP. How often is he going to be comenig up with 2 out and a man on second or third in the 1st inning? A lot.

Lee should either bat third, where he's thrived before. Or hit 5th behind Konerko/Valentin, Depending on the pitcher.

Konerko's hitting .381 w/ 2out RISP. His OBP is great this year. and he's hitting at the same rate as lee, except with power. (11 HR to 4)

Count me as one who thinks there needs to be some reshuffling with maggs gone.

If you have Frank in the #3 and Lee in the #4 we have a problem.  It's been demonstrated already.

Lee is batting .129 w/ 2out, RISP.  How often is he going to be comenig up with 2 out and a man on second or third in the 1st inning? A lot.

Lee should either bat third, where he's thrived before.  Or hit 5th behind Konerko/Valentin, Depending on the pitcher.

Konerko's hitting .381 w/ 2out RISP.  His OBP is great this year. and he's hitting at the same rate as lee, except with power.  (11 HR to 4)

If Lee is gonna be hittin in that 4 spot, he's gonna have to pick up the power #'s...Like you pointed out, he's only got 4..

Although we've played better small bal, this year, we still need to rely on the HR alot of the time.

Lee is batting .129 w/ 2out, RISP.  How often is he going to be comenig up with 2 out and a man on second or third in the 1st inning? A lot.

Cheat, that must be such a small sample size that it really isn't a fair stat. Has our lineup really not been scoring since Maggs has been hurt?

May 20th - 10 Runs

May 26th - 4 Runs

May 27th - 9 Runs

May 28th - 4 Runs

May 29th - 1 Run

May 30th - 11 Runs

June 1st - 4 Runs

June 2nd - 2 Runs

June 3rd - 4 Runs

9 games - 6 wins and a 6 run per game average. I say the lineup is fine with Frank hitting third and Carlos Lee hitting 4th. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Cheat, that must be such a small sample size that it really isn't a fair stat.

He has the most 2 Out RISP AB's of anyone on the team...

It's a sign of a changed mentality when he's at the plate in that situation, because his overall RISP average (of which 2 out, RISP is a subset) is decent at .268. Which means that he has a different approach when there's fewer than 2 outs and a RISP.

He has had a 2 out RISP hit in each of his last two games though. So he should be up to about .145 now.

---------

I just report the stat's that I find surprising. Carlos led the team last year in 2 out, RISP situations. I know he can do it. I'm just pointing out that he hasn't been getting it done.

He has the most 2 Out RISP AB's of anyone on the team...

It's a sign of a changed mentality when he's at the plate in that situation, because his overall RISP average (of which 2 out, RISP is a subset) is decent at .268.  Which means that he has a different approach when there's fewer than 2 outs and a RISP.

He has had a 2 out RISP hit in each of his last two games though.  So he should be up to about .145 now.

---------

I just report the stat's that I find surprising.  Carlos led the team last year in 2 out, RISP situations.  I know he can do it.  I'm just pointing out that he hasn't been getting it done.

I understand that. However, the sample size you are taking is so small that it is meaningless. I agree with YASNY, if the lineup stops working then Ozzie can address making changes. Until then, why mess with something that is working? The lineup is scoring.

op 8th Ball:1 Strike: 1 Out: 0

Willie Harris singles on a ground ball to right fielder Ichiro Suzuki.

Juan Uribe out on a sacrifice bunt, pitcher Freddy Garcia to first baseman John Olerud. Willie Harris to 2nd.

Frank Thomas strikes out swinging.

Top 8th Ball:1 Strike: 1 Out: 2

Carlos Lee doubles (13) on a line drive to center fielder Randy Winn. Willie Harris scores. :headbang