Transgender Killing to Jury

Texsox

Case of slain transgender teen goes to the jury in California

HAYWARD, California (AP) -- A jury began deliberating Thursday in the murder case against three young men charged with beating and strangling a teenager after discovering she was biologically male.

Attorneys for two of the defendants argued that the killing of 17-year-old Eddie "Gwen" Araujo -- who was born male but passed as a woman -- was manslaughter, not murder, because the men acted out of panic and shock over Araujo's sexual deception.

Another woman at the house confirmed Araujo's identity by grabbing the teenager's genitals. According to testimony, Araujo was then punched, slapped, choked and beaten with a skillet, and a rope was dropped around the teenager's neck.

Magidson's attorney, Michael Thorman, presented a crime-of-passion defense, saying that the discovery by a young, drunken man that he unwittingly had had sex with another man was enough to cause him to act irrationally.

Magidson's attorney, Michael Thorman, presented a crime-of-passion defense, saying that the discovery by a young, drunken man that he unwittingly had had sex with another man was enough to cause him to act irrationally.

I never thought a man could be THAT drunk and still have sex.

Also, I think it should have been murder and not manslaughter, but what the hell do I know...

While home last year nursing a broken foot, I was subject to that thing called daytime TV. Jerry Springer had an episode, where Trannies were 'coming out' to their guys. One came out, and would have passed, in a dark bar, and had her guy with him/her. When he/she spilled the beans to him, his reaction was "Damn! All this time you wanted sex from behind and with the lights off, I thought you was just a freaky ho!" Some people just have no clue.