Harry Potter 3

cwsox

Was it obvious that there was a different director?

I was wondering how the change at the top would affect the movies.

To be honest, I haven't seen the others :ph34r:

well kinda, i thougth there were more funny parts and dumbledore was portrayed differently, there was a new actor because that other guy died, but he wore this weird 70's hippie hat and didnt seem as serious as he was in the first two. It also looked like that Hagrids house was in a different spot in this film :huh:

Was it obvious that there was a different director?

I was wondering how the change at the top would affect the movies.

To be honest, I haven't seen the others :ph34r:

I happen to be a real fan of Alfonso Cuaron's movies and while I loved the first two Harry Potters for the sheer fun, I wondered how Cuaron would do HP. Since I was looking for the directorial differences, I can't answer that unobjectively. I think Cuaron brought the characters into adolesence beautifully. This is a much more emotionally complex film and the action sequences are brilliant but there is alot more plot development than we had but then the third book was more complex too.. This is not a wide eyed innocent Harry Potter anymore and Hermine is taking no s*** from any male. Harry is taking no s*** from anyone. Thus it was perfect.

I agree with 56789 that Hagrid's house appeared to be in a different location.

saw it

loved it

much darker and more complex than the first two (and I liked those two)

looking forward to seeing it again

I did like the first 2 movies, but have always rented them on DVD...

I have it in my mind that it's a kids flick and it be weird going to see a kids movie...although it's not that much of a "kids' flick I guess...

I think I go see it on Sunday anyway..

I too went to a midnight showing last night. I loved the movie and hope to see it again. I noticed differences between the directors but not in a bad way. I'm pretty sure Hagrid's house was moved and I also think the whomping willow was moved too. But despite the differences between the book and movie, I still really enjoyed the movie. :)

can anyone say overrated...

Amen.

I have not seen the following:

Matrix Series

Harry Potter Series

Lord of the Rings Series

I'm from Mars, right?

Yeah, or I'd rather not pay 50.00 for all of those in theator...waste of 3 hours.

Amen.

I have not seen the following:

Matrix Series

Harry Potter Series

Lord of the Rings Series

I'm from Mars, right?

Yeah, or I'd rather not pay 50.00 for all of those in theator...waste of 3 hours.

Nope. I have not seen any of them in the theater. I have seen all three Lord of the Rings, two of the three Harry Potters, and one and two-thrids of the three Matrix movies. They are not bad, I wouldn't pay to see most movies anyways though.

Nope. I have not seen any of them in the theater. I have seen all three Lord of the Rings, two of the three Harry Potters, and one and two-thrids of the three Matrix movies. They are not bad, I wouldn't pay to see most movies anyways though.

I don't plan on seeing them on VHS or DVD either. :ph34r:

One movie I am lookin forward to seeing though is the new Zach Braff and Natalie Portman film the Garden State I think it's called. Saw a preview of it on IGN the otha day, looked pretty good.