Reagan's health is deteriorating

Texsox

From CNN

(CNN) -- Former President Ronald Reagan's health is deteriorating, according to a White House spokesman on Air Force One.

The 93-year-old former president had been diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease about a decade ago and he began to retreat from public view.

According to sources familiar with the situation, the White House has been told Reagan's death could happen in "weeks or months."

The sources said they were told: "Don't be surprised if....the time is getting close."

Alzheimer's is a progressive, irreversible neurological disorder.

I'm about as big a Reagan fan as you'll find. My daughter's named after him.

I hate to hear about this, but I wonder who it's worse on. Him or Nancy? That woman has had to bear so much. God bless her.

While I can't stand Reagan, the disease he has is as painful for him, if not more so, for his family. Chances are, he isn't 'there' anymore; he's retreated to the recesses of his mind. He's lived a long and full life and there is no sadness if he passes.

I'm about as big a Reagan fan as you'll find. My daughter's named after him.

I hate to hear about this, but I wonder who it's worse on. Him or Nancy? That woman has had to bear so much. God bless her.

Nancy has made some public appearences rather recently. Ron hasn't been seen in years.