How about them Tigers

The Sox can't afford to keep hoping the Twins lose.

They'd better start winning some games on the days the Twins drop one.

The Sox completely do the opposite.

The Twins loose and the Sox go on to do the same exact thing :headshake

The Sox can't afford to keep hoping the Twins lose.

They'd better start winning some games on the days the Twins drop one.

That's really starting to get old....I really wish we could capitalize on these Twin losses. I'm surprised to see we're even 2 games up. It always seems the Twins win when we win, and we always lose when they lose....

Well, the division is going to come down to the record the Sox and Twins have agianst each other at the end of the season. The Twins losing and us winning is just like an added bonus right now.

I understand, but it seems like we've had a lot of opportunities to really widen the gap between 1st and 2nd and we just let them slip away. It'd be nicer if we could make it where the record of the remaining Sox vs. Twins games didn't play such an important role in who becomes the division champ. I don't want to see 2003 happen all over again.

I saw this on MLB.com's front page....Weird.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb...s_mlb&fext=.jsp

MINNEAPOLIS -- At this point, the Twins are willing to do anything to snap out of their hitting funk.

That included moving first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz from the third spot to be their leadoff hitter in Sunday's game against the Tigers. It was the first time Mientkiewicz has ever batted leadoff in the big leagues.

The idea of leading off with Mientkiewicz was born out of a Saturday night conversation between manager Ron Gardenhire and hitting coach Scott Ullger.

"He said 'Ok, I've got one for you,'" Gardenhire said. "He handed me the lineup and I went 'Oh my God...ok.' I thought about it that much. Why not? He gets on."

Minnesota wasn't expecting to get Ricky Henderson-type excitement at the top of the order since Mientkiewicz is one of the slowest players on the club. But he works pitchers deep into counts, which is something they've missed since May 18 when Shannon Stewart went down with an injury and on the disabled list.

"He's not a prototype but that's why normally, I bat him third," Gardenhire said of Mientkiewicz. "He's patient in a lot of situations and gets on for (Corey) Koskie and Torii (Hunter)."

Stewart's replacement at the top of the order and left field, the hot-hitting Lew Ford, was moved to third with hopes that he could drive Mientkiewicz home if he gets on base.

The Twins entered Sunday's game with a .217 team batting average in the previous 12 games.

Jones rested: Going through a 1-for-35 (.028) skid at the plate, right fielder Jacque Jones was not in Sunday's starting lineup. Michael Ryan played right field and batted ninth.

It seemed like a good time for Jones to get a breather.

"He needs a mental break," Gardenhire said. "He's been playing every day and going through a bit of a scuffle. Let's give him off today and (the off-day) tomorrow and that's a couple of days."

Jones said he's noticed a smattering of boos in the Metrodome during recent games as he and the Twins have struggled offensively.

"People are getting impatient and that's fine," Jones said. "They're entitled to voice their opinion. It's just a thing I'm going through right now and I'm going to deal with it as best I can, which is to go play and have fun and do my best. Whatever happens, happens."

We need to start winning while the Twinks are losing. As soon as they get Stewart back, they'll probably go on one of their tears and win something like 27 of 30. If we can have them by 7 or 8 at the ASB, I'll feel a little better...especially if we have a 5-man rotation(not this 4-man rotation bulls*** with us really not having a #5).