Reagan 1911-2004: nonpartisan thread

BrandoFan

here is the link to the Diane Rehm Show

Diane Rehm Show for 6-7-04

here is the description of her show this morning that I was listening to while I was typing:

the "other side" that I was thinking of was represented by David Frum and AEI.  Not a single person on sotalk.  Not a one.  Can I make that more plain?  I don't see anyone here on "the other side."  We are on the side of the Sox. I don't draw divisions and make sides with people who are my friends, or the folks at soxtalk.  Cub fans are "the other side."  Folks like Frum and the AEI (and the Heritage Institute) are "the other side" to me.  No one here.  Not a single person here.  The comment "I doubt it" was a reference to the AEI.   

I suggest you looked for things that are not there, Mr. Eye, and if you do that, you can find them, even though they are not there.

No one here I see as "the other side" and I was not thinking of a single person here whe I wrote that, or soxtalk posters at all.  Fact.  Accept.  Or reject.  Your choice.

If that's who "the other side" was, then I was mistaken. But, how am I possibly supposed to assume from your post that that's who you meant?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I request that if we are going to debate Republican vs Democratic policies we do that in a different thread. Let's leave this one for Reagan on his death and debate the politics and policies elsewhere.

Please.

I request that if we are going to debate Republican vs Democratic policies we do that in a different thread.  Let's leave this one for Reagan on his death and debate the politics and policies elsewhere.

Please.

:headbang :notworthy

I'll start this over:

I think what first drew me to Reagan is that he reminded me so much of my Grandfather, who was pretty much the only father I ever had. My Grandfather even looked a little like Reagan.

RIP Mr. President.

He was a controversial President, and hundreds of Punk bands had their fare share of use with his name. But it was at that time I realized that no President will ever be the ideal person for the whole country.

Are we thinking of the pride of Beverly, Naked Raygun?

Actually you could throw a rock at any Punk band in the 80's and be pretty confident in them doing a song against him.

But then my buddies and I had a joke about how we were going to write a song against the President, and on the lyric sheet just have a blank with a (insert current Presidents name here) line underneath where the Presidents name would go. :D

But Naked Raygun...ahhhhh. At first I didn't like them, then I went and saw them, and then I really liked them! Ya gotta love a band with a "Free s***" segment in the show! I got free suckers with "Naked Raygun" on the stems. I wish I had seen the "sell out" show. I guess they went on stage, said that people had accused them of selling out. So they checked the books, and people were right! They had sold out buy something like $212.00 and proceeded to throw 212 dollar bills into the audience, all stamped with a red "Naked Raygun" logo! :lol:

Ronald Reagan was the first President that I really remember. I remember the campaign and his election nice vividly. I also will never forget the day that Hinkley tried to assasinate him.

RIP Ronnie. I am glad you are finally free of your 10 year prision on Earth. I pray for Nancy. She has done yomans work to take care of her husband as he declined into nothingness over what must have been a torturous 10 years. I wanted to cry when they showed the picture of her lying her head on his casket. They really loved each other, and that is so rare today in an era of 50% divorce rates, and marriages of convience.

Jimmy Carter is a very decent and honorable man and deserves all the respect this nation can muster for him.

Ronald Reagan was a good man and great president and will be honored as such.

Bill Clinton should not be honored any more than say, Richard Nixon. There legacies are comparable. Clinton was a sitting president and lied under oath. I always questioned his sincerely about the oath of office from that point on.

Jimmy Carter is a very decent and honorable man and deserves all the respect this nation can muster for him.

Ronald Reagan was a good man and great president and will be honored as such.

Bill Clinton should not be honored any more than say, Richard Nixon. There legacies are comparable. Clinton was a sitting president and lied under oath.  I always questioned his sincerely about the oath of office from that point on.

Sad, but true. :usa