Marlins searching for relief and a catcher...

redandwhite

The Marlins have made it pretty clear they are in diar need of some relief pitching and a catcher. From recent articles, there not looking for any perennial all-star and have inquiried mostly about Toronto's Gregg Zaun and Boston's Doug Mirabelli.

With that being said, the Sox have an expendable Sandy Alomar and Kelly Wunsch. Also thinking back to how much they gave up for Jeff Conine last season, is it possible that the Sox could get something for Alomar and Wunsch?

My proposal:

Marlins get: Sandy Alomar, Kelly Wunsch, cash

White Sox get: Some s***head prospect

Then trade s***head to Seattle for Garcia. Basically what im asking for in return for the White Sox package is someone with trade value to help acquire Freddy Garcia.

EDIT: Hermida was too steep as I indicated in my original post, sheesh.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd like to see Alomar retire here. He's having a pretty decent season, and he's still effective behind the plate. He's Buerhle's personal catcher, and look how that's worked out lately. I would like to see Alomar retire in a Sox uni, and come back as some kind of coach in the organization. He's just a solid baseball guy.

Well that doesn't work because we already know they don't want Wunch.  He cleared waivers this weekend.

He was unclaimed because he is making 800,000 this year. If the Sox would pay about half of what is still owed to Wunsch, which I proposed, I think he might have some trade value.

i seriously doubt the marlins will part with Hermida.  he is their #1 prospect. they dont need a catcher that badly either, and sandy really isnt the solution for them.

Stokes is their best prospect, and the only reason I said Hermida was because he was the only other prospect I knew ;o

i seriously doubt the marlins will part with Hermida.  he is their #1 prospect. they dont need a catcher that badly either, and sandy really isnt the solution for them.

If he's their #1 prospect, they will probably only give him up if they are getting a perennial all-star catcher and an absolute stud reliever...not a 38-year old catcher who's had 10 knee operations and a reliever who just cleared waivers.

If he's their #1 prospect, they will probably only give him up if they are getting a perennial all-star catcher and an absolute stud reliever...not a 38-year old catcher who's had 10 knee operations and a reliever who just cleared waivers.

So if the going price for a #1 prospect is a "perennial all-star catcher and an absolute stud reliever.", I would trade ANY of our prospects for the same. Prospects are just prospects, not worthy of 2 such players. Otherwise, why are we holding onto Reed, or any of the pthers. Surely they must be worthy of a #1 or #2 starting pitcher straight up?

There are 4 Perennial all-star catchers in this game, I-Rod, Jorge Posada, Mike Piazza, and Javy Lopez. The Marlins can't expect those kinds of players. However I agree with Witesoxfan, that Hermida is too steep.

There are 4 Perennial all-star catchers in this game, I-Rod, Jorge Posada, Mike Piazza, and Javy Lopez.  The Marlins can't expect those kinds of players.  However I agree with Witesoxfan, that Hermida is too steep.

I'd add Jason Varitek to that list over Javy Lopez anyday of the week

Marlins need the following to run away with (the all of the sudden) s***ty NLE:

-AJ Burnett pitching up to his talent.

-A-Gone to get his head out of his ass

-A #5 slot-hitting LF'er better than Abraham f***in' Nunez!

-Luis Castillo to get his head out of his ass

-A set-up man in the (healthy) Kelly Wunsch mold to contrast with Benitez

I really wanted Phillies to win 100 games and Marlins to take the wild card away from the Cubs. Unfortunately, Larry Bowa is a psychotic loser, so so much for the Phillies.

Marlins need the following to run away with (the all of the sudden) s***ty NLE:

-AJ Burnett pitching up to his talent.

-A-Gone to get his head out of his ass

-A #5 slot-hitting LF'er better than Abraham f***in' Nunez!

-Luis Castillo to get his head out of his ass

-A set-up man in the (healthy) Kelly Wunsch mold to contrast with Benitez

I really wanted Phillies to win 100 games and Marlins to take the wild card away from the Cubs. Unfortunately, Larry Bowa is a psychotic loser, so so much for the Phillies.

Castro and Redman just haven't cut it from the catching position, and to put it in perspective they've sunk as low as looking at Gregg Zaun..

wunsch and burke works, hopefully KW looks into it.

Castro and Redman just haven't cut it from the catching position, and to put it in perspective they've sunk as low as looking at Gregg Zaun..

They already got Beckett-Penny-Willis-Pavano pitching their ass off.

Lowell, Pierre, Cabrera, Choi and Conine can get on a roll.

Benitez is unhittable.

They can run and field.

If Marlins get those 5 things (a power-hitting LF'er, another reliable BP guy, AJ Burnett pitching like Roch Harden, and both Gonzalez and Castillo hitting like they're paid to) going, all they would need from their catcher is good Defense.

Dan Wilson or Bert Shcneider will suffice.

They already got Beckett-Penny-Willis-Pavano pitching their ass off.

Lowell, Pierre, Cabrera, Choi and Conine can get on a roll.

Benitez is unhittable.

They can run and field.

If Marlins get those 5 things (a power-hitting LF'er, another reliable BP guy, AJ Burnett pitching like Roch Harden, and both Gonzalez and Castillo hitting like they're paid to) going, all they would need from their catcher is good Defense.

Dan Wilson or Bert Shcneider will suffice.

Didn't Beckett go on the DL last week?

I'd add Jason Varitek to that list over Javy Lopez anyday of the week

I agree he should be on the list, his name slipped my mind. He is a solid offensive catcher and handles that staff well. However I think, at their best, Lopez is the better player.

You're a moron

Varitek: .273 BA; 25 HR; .863 OPS; 51 BB

Lopez: .328 BA; 43 HR; 1.065 OPS; 33 BB

If Jason Varitek was named Einar Diaz, than RedandWhite would be a moron, but Varitek is a solid player, and RedandWhite is not a moron.

Wunsch has ZERO trade value.... His salary has NOTHING to do with anything.

Can we move on please??

Varitek: .273 BA; 25 HR; .863 OPS; 51 BB

Lopez: .328 BA; 43 HR; 1.065 OPS; 33 BB

If Jason Varitek was named Einar Diaz, than RedandWhite would be a moron, but Varitek is a solid player, and RedandWhite is not a moron.

Varitek is solid, but is not Better than Lopez ;)