Hey baggs

witesoxfan

I wasn't sure which forum to put this in(whether it be fantasy league stuff or this one because it pertains to the Sox....because the guy was talking about sleepers for drafting in fantasy leagues)

Anyways, Dave Srinivasan gave your boy Dan Wright a holler....the very last person he put. Here's what he said

Dan Wright, SP, White Sox. Wright was considered Nuke Laloosh Lite at the University of Arkansas, delivering horrid results despite a manifique wing. The Sox whipped him into shape in the minors, and then AL hitters just plain whipped him. But things aren't what they seem. Wright made major strides at the end of last season: He had a 1.275 WHIP and a 76-31 K/BB ratio in his final 95.2 innings. His stuff is filthy, and he's going to continue getting better.

He also gave Jon Garland a mention as well....

Jon Garland, SP, White Sox. Garland surged late last season when his former minor-league pitching instructor was named Chicago's pitching coach. Garland has an excellent low-90s sinker and a good breaking ball, but what many fail to realize is that Garland will be just 23 this year. Each season, Garland has become tougher to hit, yielded fewer walks and whiffed more batters. Look for him to take a strong step forward this season.

Anyways....thought I'd share this with you

I wasn't sure which forum to put this in(whether it be fantasy league stuff or this one because it pertains to the Sox....because the guy was talking about sleepers for drafting in fantasy leagues)

Anyways, Dave Srinivasan gave your boy Dan Wright a holler....the very last person he put.  Here's what he said

Dan Wright, SP, White Sox. Wright was considered Nuke Laloosh Lite at the University of Arkansas, delivering horrid results despite a manifique wing. The Sox whipped him into shape in the minors, and then AL hitters just plain whipped him. But things aren't what they seem. Wright made major strides at the end of last season: He had a 1.275 WHIP and a 76-31 K/BB ratio in his final 95.2 innings. His stuff is filthy, and he's going to continue getting better.

He also gave Jon Garland a mention as well....

Jon Garland, SP, White Sox. Garland surged late last season when his former minor-league pitching instructor was named Chicago's pitching coach. Garland has an excellent low-90s sinker and a good breaking ball, but what many fail to realize is that Garland will be just 23 this year. Each season, Garland has become tougher to hit, yielded fewer walks and whiffed more batters. Look for him to take a strong step forward this season.

Anyways....thought I'd share this with you

"his stuff is filthy"man i love that !!!

i hope he is right..or should i say wright :lol:

thanks for sharing that...its cool to see the young guys get some recognition outside of chicago

Its excellent stuff. Baggs, I think you and I are going to be very Wright once Danny develops into a frontline pitcher.

The guy can be a serious workhorse and has great stuff. If him and Garland really develop a ton this year, we know both can become aces. Then the Sox may let Colon go. Either way, I think the key towards this season and next will rest in those pitchers as well as Rauch cause it is pitching that wins games.

Its excellent stuff.  Baggs, I think you and I are going to be very Wright once Danny develops into a frontline pitcher.

The guy can be a serious workhorse and has great stuff.  If him and Garland really develop a ton this year, we know both can become aces.  Then the Sox may let Colon go.  Either way, I think the key towards this season and next will rest in those pitchers as well as Rauch cause it is pitching that wins games.

Count me in too, before last season on WSI I said I wouldn't be surprised if Danny turns out to be just as good if not better than Garland. If those two live up to potential... one of the most dangerous pitching rotations in baseball.

- Pete