Off to Italy guys......

Bmr31

Hope you don't find yourself in Venice.  That place just wreaks and is SO dirty!!!  Of course, the canals you ride the gandola through are filled of the city's sewage...NOT a pretty site!

i had the same thought when i was in venice...what a s***hole!!!..and i found that veniceans (sp?) are 2nd only to the french in terms of snobbyness...i was really disappointed in venice..a gondola ride with the one you love with all that stench and floating garbage is so romantic :puke

most of italy was beautiful..especially the italian alps...that place is heaven on erth..but venice was a huge disappointment

Guest hotsoxchick1
Or you could just got to the Como at Milwaukee, just south of Grand Ave.   :)

I think the Como closed a few years ago..... but I'm not sure.

who needs como when you have tuffanos on vernon park and racine........ask guido about that food.. as i recall he ate a ton that nite we went there........excellent italian food......not as good as mine mind you but close....... :headbang

Florence was my favorite part of Italy actually. The people were nice, and I decided to break away from the tour group to go sightseeing by myself for about four hours before we all got dolled up to go to the disco bar. I was 16 at the time, and this 26-year-old guy from Naples bought me a few drinks, and we had a great time at the disco. The place was called Space Electronik.

To name a couple other places I went to: the Vatican and Sistine Chapel.

I could write a novel about my excursion to Europe during spring break my sophomore year of high school with my AP European History class. It was amazing! You'll absolutely LOVE the architecture there, if that's something that interests you.

have fun BMR, some parts can be cool. I went there a couple years ago for three weeks. Milan and Rome are kinda cool, but I stayed by my parents home town up in the mountains for about 17 of the 22 days, which sucked.

It did, but I think the old owner's son or something reopened it as "The Como Inn." Whatever its called, I was just there over Winter Break and its still a pretty good Italian place.

It did, but I think the old owner's son or something reopened it as "The Como Inn." Whatever its called, I was just there over Winter Break and its still a pretty good Italian place.

Good to know. I was disappointed when I heard that they were closing. Como Inn always had good Italian food.

You gotta get picks and some stories, maybe cool places to go that aren't common tourist traps. I'm spending a month in Italy and Greece this summer so it would be cool to know what its like.

Dude i will do that for you if you post here more often. Deal?