Debate on Reagan policies/politics

israel4ever

Aren't you forgetting your skirt and pom poms???

Careful, homosexual references will get you kicked out of the Republican Party.

So I guess I missed it in your last response, but is their something wrong with immunizations? Relief from floods and natural disasters? Relief for jobs lost to foreign competition? Improved health care, decent child care? Or would you rather not invest in Americans?

Let's look at your quote

You are saying am I am TAKING something from the government. I am not taking anything. I am awarded the same god given rights that all of us americans are awarded.

Interesting choice in words. What you accept are "God (I like to capitalize God) given rights", what others accept you refer to as taking.

The government offers a benefit, you accept it, that is ok. Someone else is offered a benefit, you specifically mention Welfare, they accept it, and you claim they are wrong and taking something. Gee, do you think they are stealing those checks? You claim they "took it". No they accepted the government benefit, just like you and I accept ours. If you do not like the benefit, campaign to have it stopped. But to think anyone makes it in America on their own does not reflect reality and makes a mockery of the awesome set of benefits we have here in America.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing you can be sure of is I am in Chicago and you are in Texas...lucky for you....cause putting words in my mouth, twisting my words, and assuming my positions isn't something I take too kindly too.

Have a nice day

Nice touch. Going to threats of violence.

I am having a nice day, thank you very much.

Ever wonder why we offer benefits like education, food, clothing, shelter, health care? I didn't think so.

I don't know how someone with such great taste in music and movies, and knowledge of baseball can be so misguided on all the greatness our country offers. :headshake Since I cannot be there I hope you'll find a nice homeless person to beat up or puppy to kick.

:lolhitting

That was NOT my point.  I didn't take anything...stop putting words in my mouth.  I was given freedom and rights just like every other American.

You are saying am I am TAKING something from the government.  I am not taking anything.  I am awarded the same god given rights that all of us americans are awarded. 

I can read your comments and realize it is useless arguing with you...

You are saying that someone that goes to school,goes to work and pays taxes is the same as someone who goes on welfare and never works...just because we are both granted certain freedoms from the government.

Nice argument...like I said you took my whole original point out of context to fit your own dilusional retort.

What makes you so certain??  You write as if you know me??  You know s*** about me?  My Portfolio??  I don't even have a f***in portfolio??  What the f***??  The only thing you can be sure of is I am in Chicago and you are in Texas...lucky for you....cause putting words in my mouth, twisting my words, and assuming my positions isn't something I take too kindly too.

Have a nice day

This is why I don't like Lisle.

USSR was dying a slow economic death dating back to at least the late 60's.

I have no idea where this "ending the Cold War" nonsense came from. Even Gorbachev can't take credit for it.

As IF, with app 15,000 operatable nuclear and R-charged warheads and countless decoys spread all over the glorious vastness of Mother, people gave a s*** about Ronnie's threats or international pressure. :lol:

USSR was dying a slow economic death dating back to at least the late 60's. 

I have no idea where this "ending the Cold War" nonsense came from. Even Gorbachev can't take credit for it.

As IF, with app 15,000 operatable nuclear and R-charged warheads and countless decoys spread all over the glorious vastness of Mother,  people gave a s*** about Ronnie's threats or international pressure. :lol:

The Soviet Union was crumbling. He may have sped up the process by keeping a military presense in Eastern Europe when people said it would cause a war. But, the Soviet Union had exhausted any hope of survival when they went into Afghanistan.

However, Reagan deserves a lot of credit for rebuilding the armed forces.

Careful, homosexual references will get you kicked out of the Republican Party.

So I guess I missed it in your last response, but is their something wrong with immunizations? Relief from floods and natural disasters? Relief for jobs lost to foreign competition? Improved health care, decent child care? Or would you rather not invest in Americans?

Let's look at your quote

Interesting choice in words. What you accept are "God (I like to capitalize God) given rights", what others accept you refer to as taking.

The government offers a benefit, you accept it, that is ok. Someone else is offered a benefit, you specifically mention Welfare, they accept it, and you claim they are wrong and taking something. Gee, do you think they are stealing those checks?  You claim they "took it". No they accepted the government benefit, just like you and I accept ours. If you do not like the benefit, campaign to have it stopped. But to think anyone makes it in America on their own does not reflect reality and makes a mockery of the awesome set of benefits we have here in America.

You paint me with a pretty broad brush. As if you know me so well and have me all figured out.

Skirt and pom poms is not a homosexual reference...it is a cheerleader reference?? Perhaps you need to question yourself as to why homosexual came in to the conversation.

That's a nice point and all...and yes I chose to ignore it because nowhere did I state that I was against any of it. You just felt like blabbing I guess.

You paint me with a pretty broad brush.  As if you know me so well and have me all figured out. 

Skirt and pom poms is not a homosexual reference...it is a cheerleader reference?? Perhaps you need to question yourself as to why homosexual came in to the conversation.

That's a nice point and all...and yes I chose to ignore it because nowhere did I state that I was against any of it.  You just felt like blabbing I guess.

Its a homosexual reference because you asked a man about skirts and pom-poms.

Oh and I was gonna have you over for dinner....

I hope you will make him work for the dinner and not just give it to him.

So, I'll just ask one question so you do not get sidetracked. Why is it when you receive a government benefit it is a "God given right" and others have to "take" it.?

Nice touch. Going to threats of violence.

I am having a nice day, thank you very much.

Ever wonder why we offer benefits like education, food, clothing, shelter, health care? I didn't think so.

I don't know how someone with such great taste in music and movies, and knowledge of baseball can be so misguided on all the greatness our country offers.  :headshake Since I cannot be there I hope you'll find a nice homeless person to beat up or puppy to kick.

I don't know where you are getting your information on me...

I never said I was against us offering education, food, clothing, shelter, health care...

Like I said you paint me with a broad brush....because I don't like you twisting my comments or my words......you equate me with someone that would beat up a homeless person or kick a puppy dog. It's sad....Because of some of my views you have all my postions figured out....even to the point where I'm beating up homeless people. Big Bad Me....You don't have a clue....

I hope you will make him work for the dinner and not just give it to him.

So, I'll just ask one question so you do not get sidetracked. Why is it when you receive a government benefit it is a "God given right" and others have to "take" it.?

I never said they take anything?

You said I said that, but I didn't...

I don't know where you are getting your information on me...

I never said I was against us offering education, food, clothing, shelter, health care...

Like I said you paint me with a broad brush....because I don't like you twisting my comments or my words......you equate me with someone that would beat up a homeless person or kick a puppy dog.  It's sad....Because of some of my views you have all my postions figured out....even to the point where I'm beating up homeless people.  Big Bad Me....You don't have a clue....

You never said you were against offering clothing, food, shelter? I guess I need to break out the wayback machine and quote you

is the same as someone who goes on welfare and never works...just because we are both granted certain freedoms from the government.

Isn't welfare food and clothing? Sorry, it sounded like you were against it. Are these God given rights or does someone have to take them. Is it ok to take them if they do not ask for more?

Again from your post and presumable typed by you

The only thing you can be sure of is I am in Chicago and you are in Texas...lucky for you....cause putting words in my mouth, twisting my words, and assuming my positions isn't something I take too kindly too.

I offered you a homeless person or dog instead. Since you seem to be looking for a violent release or some guy in a skirt and pom poms. :D

I never said they take anything?

You said I said that, but I didn't...

Well back to the way back machine and your post:

As far as what government party has helped me as a "common man"??? I guess I never really looked to the governement for help. I worked hard and kept my sights on my goals and accomplished them without anybody GIVING me anything

The government didn't give you anything, you later stated these were "God given rights"

I'm aware of the opportunities awraded to me and took full advantage of them instead of asking for more!!

OK as long as you don't ask for more. Only one helping and yours were "God given rights" perhaps not from the government.

That was NOT my point. I didn't take anything...stop putting words in my mouth. I was given freedom and rights just like every other American.

You are saying am I am TAKING something from the government. I am not taking anything. I am awarded the same god given rights that all of us americans are awarded.

Then we agree, you are not taking anything, and those people on welfare are not taking anything.

You never said you were against offering clothing, food, shelter? I guess I need to break out the wayback machine and quote you

Isn't welfare food and clothing? Sorry, it sounded like you were against it. Are these God given rights or does someone have to take them. Is it ok to take them if they do not ask for more?

Again from your post and presumable typed by you

I offered you a homeless person or dog instead. Since you seem to be looking for a violent release or some guy in a skirt and pom poms.  :D

You are saying this post by me("You are saying that someone that goes to school,goes to work and pays taxes is the same as someone who goes on welfare and never works...just because we are both granted certain freedoms from the government.") says I am against education, food, clothing, shelter, health care?

You're all twisted up

You are saying this post by me("You are saying that someone that goes to school,goes to work and pays taxes is the same as someone who goes on welfare and never works...just because we are both granted certain freedoms from the government.")  says I am against education, food, clothing, shelter, health care?

You're all twisted up

Isn't welfare food and shelter? I feel like I'm debating Kerry, are you for welfare or against?

Well back to the way back machine and your post:

The government didn't give you anything, you later stated these were "God given rights"

OK as long as you don't ask for more. Only one helping and yours were "God given rights" perhaps not from the government.

Then we agree, you are not taking anything, and those people on welfare are not taking anything.

Thanks for all the rides on the way back machine...but you could have saved it and simple said I'm Wrong. I never said they take anything...I never said I took anything. I know you missed that in your whole diatribe of making your point over and over again. I simply was looking for an "I'm sorry I did put words in your mouth", but you wouldn't admit that....even when it's in black and white.

I believe welfare needs to be reformed. I don't have all the answers...I definitely don't claim to have all the answers....I don't think it will be figured out on this message board either.

Thanks for all the rides on the way back machine...but you could have saved it and simple said I'm Wrong.  I never said they take anything...I never said I took anything.  I know you missed that in your whole diatribe of making your point over and over again.  I simply was looking for an "I'm sorry I did put words in your mouth", but you wouldn't admit that....even when it's in black and white.

I believe welfare needs to be reformed.  I don't have all the answers...I definitely don't claim to have all the answers....I don't think it will be figured out on this message board either.

OK, I'll say it, as you asked, you are wrong.

This is a great country and offers benefits to everyone. For some as simple as food and shelter, for others it is a university degree and the opportunity to lead almost any life they want. To think you did it without getting anything from the government is a farce.

I quoted you, I put your words in your mouth, sorry if they taste bad.

I also believe welfare needs to be reformed. We need funding to stop the hurdles that keep more people from climbing out of poverty. We need a better and clearer set of benefits for child care, we need a better and clearer set of standards for education assistance. We need better and clearer benefits on education that train people for jobs that are here in the US not being out sourced to China.

What makes you so certain?? You write as if you know me?? You know s*** about me? My Portfolio?? I don't even have a f***in portfolio?? What the f***?? The only thing you can be sure of is I am in Chicago and you are in Texas...lucky for you....cause putting words in my mouth, twisting my words, and assuming my positions isn't something I take too kindly too.

Stop posturing. Tex b****-slapped you but good.