Worst Songs of All Time

Texsox

On that, we fully agree!

Actually, I think I have "Almost Human" on cassette...somewhere. I think I need to search it out now. If that is the one with the handprint on the cover, then I have it.  :unsure:  :rolleyes:

Yeah, the one with the 6-fingered pregnant-with-meaning hand print. And it's 'Nearly Human.' The Want of a Nail, Hawking (dedicated to Stephen), Parallel Lines, Waiting Game, and Unloved Children are all great. Can't Stop Runnning was written for the tthen upcoming Summer Olympic starting ceremonies, but it got nixed in favor of something more "accessable" like friggin' John Tesh.

He wanted all the songs to sound fresh and not overly rehearsed, so he taught the band each song, ran through it a couple of times, and then immediately recorded it. The result is a very spontaneous sound, but with a surprising degree of polish, given the complexity of some of the songs. Definitely did it out and give it a spin (er, spool) if you haven't heard it in a while.

Todd's current wife is one of the backing vocalists on the album, and I can understand him falling in love with her because I pretty much did too when I saw them on that tour in Indianapolis.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic