Shrek 2

The Beast

I took the kids this weekend and I thought it was very good. I honestly didn't have to cringe at anything in the movie for fear of my kids otehr than innocent potty humor, because, like you say, the adult jokes are deftly delivered and the kids don't get it.

Contrast that with Spider-Man 2 or even the new Power Rangers drek out now that I won't let my kids see (but I'm excited to see Spidey myself). They did a good job with both Shrek films, making them safe enough for the majority of kids but still very smartly written and intelligent for adults.

I plan on seeing it again while it's at the theaters.

I took the kids this weekend and I thought it was very good.  I honestly didn't have to cringe at anything in the movie for fear of my kids otehr than innocent potty humor, because, like you say, the adult jokes are deftly delivered and the kids don't get it.

Contrast that with Spider-Man 2 or even the new Power Rangers drek out now that I won't let my kids see (but I'm excited to see Spidey myself).  They did a good job with both Shrek films, making them safe enough for the majority of kids but still very smartly written and intelligent for adults.

sex stuff in power rangers?

sex stuff in power rangers?

No, no sex stuff I'm sure. But the violence - even as comic-bookey as it is in something like that - is not something I'm in a hurry to turn my kids onto.

W're that 'odball' family that doesn't have any gun toys in the house. No cap guns, no pellet guns, no squirt guns... My little boy's pre-K schoolmates tell him how awesome Power Rangers etc. is, but for now I'm ok with him just getting it secondhand through them rather than him needing to see all the movies.

I took the kids this weekend and I thought it was very good.  I honestly didn't have to cringe at anything in the movie for fear of my kids otehr than innocent potty humor, because, like you say, the adult jokes are deftly delivered and the kids don't get it.

Contrast that with Spider-Man 2 or even the new Power Rangers drek out now that I won't let my kids see (but I'm excited to see Spidey myself).  They did a good job with both Shrek films, making them safe enough for the majority of kids but still very smartly written and intelligent for adults.

Spiderman 2 is going to be saweeeet!

maxdunst02.jpg

Oh, Kirsten Dunst...thats hot!

My fav line: Gender confused Wolf  :lol:

Next fav: Are you wearing a thong?  NO!  (Pinoc's nose grows really long) :lol:

The slap stick is hilarious!

The cat is friggin hysterical.

*gets cute, beady eyes*

Cat: HIYA!