Rowand/Bullard

Jim Fainter

I have read the various comments on Aaron Rowand's physical condition, but I tend to judge them with a touch of cynicism, because writers ususally try to put a positive spin on everything.

So, TO JIM BULLARD: I'm sure you have had an opportunity to see Rowand; therefore, would you please give us your thoughts on his physical condition?

And please feel free to make any other comments on the subject. For instance, how do most of his teammates react to his injury. Good natured kidding, the way jocks do, or what? I am interested, because Aaron could be a very important part of this team, if healthy. Thanks.

I have read the various comments on Aaron Rowand's physical condition, but I tend to judge them with a touch of cynicism, because writers ususally try to put a positive spin on everything.

So, TO JIM BULLARD:  I'm sure you have had an opportunity to see Rowand;  therefore, would you please give us your thoughts on his physical condition?

And please feel free to make any other comments on the subject.  For instance, how do most of his teammates react to his injury.  Good natured kidding, the way jocks do, or what?  I am interested, because Aaron could be a very important part of this team, if healthy.  Thanks.

im not jim of course but i did read in the papers when rowand showed up the first day his teammates would sneak up behind him and yell "crash"..lol

Lol Baggs

I read the story on his accident a while back and man Aaron as lucky to live. He fell like 20 feet or something and absolutely crushed his shoulder.

He's really lucky to still be playing and I hope he makes the best out of it cause I think he's a good player.

Lol Baggs

I read the story on his accident a while back and man Aaron as lucky to live.  He fell like 20 feet or something and absolutely crushed his shoulder. 

He's really lucky to still be playing and I hope he makes the best out of it cause I think he's a good player.

What, you mean he won't crash and burn out there in Ceter Field and single-handedly cost us the WS?

- Pete

Lol Baggs

I read the story on his accident a while back and man Aaron as lucky to live.  He fell like 20 feet or something and absolutely crushed his shoulder. 

me too..aaron seems like a good guy...hopefully he makes the most of his shot...this could be his one and only

Fainter, Rowand lokks good and healthy as far as I can tell. He seems to be working hard a ready rock and roll this season. In fact the whole big league camp is pretty pumped and there seems to be a very positive vibe in camp and all the guys are working their asses off.

Fainter, Rowand lokks good and healthy as far as I can tell.  He seems to be working hard a ready rock and roll this season.  In fact the whole big league camp is pretty pumped and there seems to be a very positive vibe in camp and all the guys are working their asses off.

Thats great to hear Jim.

You having fun down there in Arizona? I just finalized my plans today, I'll be there March 6th till the 9th. I'm gonna make sure to say Hi to you :headbang

Hey Jim,

I know you probably can't say a whole lot but what has camp been like since Frank talked to the media Sat?

Do the players just tolerate Frank? Without getting too specific, what are your thoughts on the general feeling about him and the team since he spoke up this weekend?

Thanks for any input you can give us.

He fell like 20 feet or something and absolutely crushed his shoulder.

(20 feet is nothing. As a college student my father and his friends went Caucas rock climbing and had a, um, accident: the upper hook-things which were supposed to hold up to a few tons were faulty so all four of them fell from some 170 feet (50 meters) height. His three friends landed on the rock terrain; two died immediately and one later at the hospital while my father (he was the lowest of the four at "mere" 120 feet) first slammed through a tree before hitting the relatively soft (soil after rain) ground at the base. Lucky bastard only had a chronic hip problem and now a slight limp to show for it. Come to think of it, witnessing your pals die like that is not all that "lucky". He couldn't even sue the product manufacturer for obvious reasons)

Crash will be fun to watch this year and I think will susprise quite a few people who all put penciled in Willie Harris and Joe Borchard in CF.

Atleast Rowand isn't an idiot....Lee could have died if he were doing that....but he's probably too stupid to even figure out how a car works. I think Rowand is rather intelligent and will make smart and aggressive plays for us.

Rowand will hit .270 15 60 or so with good defense, a few sac bunts, a few bunt hits, and a few SBs....Rowand's a hell of a player....and ever team should have atleast 1 Aaron Rowand.

The reason I keep talking about Rowand is because I think he is potentially so important to the team, and I think he will perform very well this year. Then, if he does have a solid year, watch out, because he will keep improving and have a real nice career. He'll never hit like Maggs, but will be a big part of the team. Jim Bullard's report was just what I wanted to hear.

The reason I keep talking about Rowand is because I think he is potentially so important to the team, and I think he will perform very well this year.

Defensively, he's the most important OF'er for us. We know what Maggs can/will do. We know what Caballo can/will do..... bad or good. Since Caballo is a question mark defensively, Rowand's importance to this team is huge. Not to mention Valentin/Jimenez isn't one of the strongest SS/2B pairings up the middle (Jimenez could prove me wrong but only time and play will tell). And if Rowand could be just a little more lethal with the bat near the bottom of the order..... the sky may be the limit for the 2003 White Sox. I think offensively in the bottom of the order and defensively, at least in the OF, Rowand is the key.

Garland is the key pitching wise.

Garland is the key pitching wise

Abso-f*ckin'-lutely. If Garland keeps his ERA under 3.80-4.00, we run away with the division.

Unless the Twins self-destruct, we aren't running away with anything. If the Sox hang in there to win it, it will be a long tough battle.

Abso-f*ckin'-lutely. If Garland keeps his ERA under 3.80-4.00, we run away with the division.

Unless the Twins self-destruct, we aren't running away with anything. If the Sox hang in there to win it, it will be a long tough battle.

i agree i dont think the twins are just gonna roll over and crumble.

If Wright and Garland pitch like the aces they will eventually be, then we could run away with the division and win the whole thing this year. :headbang

Have you seen the way the Twins have reacted this postseason? This winning has gotten to their head....like it did to us after 2000.

I feel we will already win the division by atleast 5 games....and if Garland and/or Wright steps up.....we do run away with the division. And if it is the case of Garland and Wright....we are a 100 win team....easily. We could win 110 games for cryin out loud. And if Rauch puts up solid numbers out of the #5 spot(10-12 wins, 4.50 ERA, 150-200 innings), we are probably the best team in the majors...because we would have the most complete team in the majors.

If both Wright and Garland pitch well....we win the division by ATLEAST 15 games....if not more.

Have you seen the way the Twins have reacted this postseason? This winning has gotten to their head....like it did to us after 2000.

I feel we will already win the division by atleast 5 games....and if Garland and/or Wright steps up.....we do run away with the division. And if it is the case of Garland and Wright....we are a 100 win team....easily. We could win 110 games for cryin out loud. And if Rauch puts up solid numbers out of the #5 spot(10-12 wins, 4.50 ERA, 150-200 innings), we are probably the best team in the majors...because we would have the most complete team in the majors.

If both Wright and Garland pitch well....we win the division by ATLEAST 15 games....if not more.

Dude.... you're getting carried away here You have to remember one important fact here.... it's that we root for the White Sox! Things happen to us.... The Sox were the best team in the majors in '83, and we blew the ALCS to the Orioles. We were also the best team in the majors in '94.... then our own owner forced a strike. I've been a Sox fan for over 40 years and have seen too many things inevitably go wrong.

The Sox were the best team in the majors in '83, and we blew the ALCS to the Orioles. We were also the best team in the majors in '94.... then our own owner forced a strike.  I've been a Sox fan for over 40 years and have seen too many things inevitably go wrong.

Fisk said the 83 Sox was the best team he ever played on, ever.

94 - still riles me up for the reason you cite - :angry:

So, TO JIM BULLARD:  I'm sure you have had an opportunity to see Rowand;  therefore, would you please give us your thoughts on his physical condition?

And please feel free to make any other comments on the subject.  For instance, how do most of his teammates react to his injury.  Good natured kidding, the way jocks do, or what?  I am interested, because Aaron could be a very important part of this team, if healthy.  Thanks.

im not jim of course but i did read in the papers when rowand showed up the first day his teammates would sneak up behind him and yell "crash"..lol

Hey baggs,

Little do the rest of the Sox know that we have been calling Rowand "Crash" since mid- last season on sox-and-roll . ...Or maybe they do? :D

So, TO JIM BULLARD:  I'm sure you have had an opportunity to see Rowand;  therefore, would you please give us your thoughts on his physical condition?

And please feel free to make any other comments on the subject.  For instance, how do most of his teammates react to his injury.  Good natured kidding, the way jocks do, or what?  I am interested, because Aaron could be a very important part of this team, if healthy.  Thanks.

Hey baggs,

Little do the rest of the Sox know that we have been calling Rowand "Crash" since mid- last season on sox-and-roll . ...Or maybe they do? :D

we should have pattened that phrase :lol: