Koch Quotes

Texsox

:unsure:

''It's embarrassing,'' a red-faced Koch said afterward. ''There is no way I should ever blow a save to this team, and for some reason I don't pitch well against them. I don't understand it. I don't care who they run up there to the plate, I should be able to get them out. I've never been this [ticked] off about blowing a save ever.''

Over the past four seasons against Seattle, Koch has allowed 22 hits and 14 runs in 16 innings (a 7.88 ERA), with 16 walks and nine strikeouts. He is 2-0 with three saves and two blown saves against the Mariners in that span.

After Winn's hit, John Olerud walked and was replaced by pinch runner Willie Bloomquist before Bret Boone tied it 4-4 with a single to right. After a double steal by Bloomquist and Boone, Edgar Martinez was walked intentionally.

''I had him 1-and-2,'' Koch said of Martinez. ''I was going to strike him out. [shoot], I better start slide stepping every ... damn pitch with somebody on. [Expletive Paul] Konerko could steal off me. I was ridiculously slow to the plate. I didn't hold on runners. I didn't give [catcher] Sandy [Alomar Jr.] a chance. That's what put us in that situation.''

Jolbert Cabrera brought home the game-winner when Koch walked him on five pitches. It was just the second walk of the season for free-swinging Cabrera.

''It really [ticks] me off, gets me going,'' Koch said. ''And I'm sweating right now I'm so [ticked] off. I just have to go get them tomorrow or the next day, whenever that is. This one will eat at my brain for a little bit.''

Sounds like Koch is a Sox fan

I just have to go get them tomorrow or the next day, whenever that is

I am so relieved he wants to get back out there. I was worried he'd want to quit or something silly like that.

I think it should be the duty of Sox fans at the Cell to boo loudly and continuously anytime Koch enters the game in a save situation...

I think he should be booed as soon as an opposing batter reaches base. I'll stay quiet until then.

Who's to blame that we still have Botch? We knew last season he was finished.

Out of 362,544+ posts, how many are posted for hating Koch and his diminished skills? Speaking of deminished skills, can we resign Koch for a diminished skills contract?

I'm not certain how many but I do know I've seen this combo too often to count

Billy Botch :fyou

As a matter fo fact, I call this the botch smiley :fyou

''I had him 1-and-2,'' Koch said of Martinez. ''I was going to strike him out."

Somebody here already said this gem should rightly be filed in the "who ya crappin?" category. :headbang

Billy, don'tcha think the better plan might have been striking out any of the FOUR batters you faced before Edgar? :angry: :angry: :angry:

My blood pressure has still not come back down.

We used to comment about how good it was that Koch took the blame for his melt downs and didn't pass the buck, but after awhile I think he should just take the blame and his bags to another team. I am fed up with 2 seasons of disaster.

I think were all well aware of how much you all hate Koch... these posts are pointless and annoying, not to mention takes up more space than needed... We get the picture, you dont like Koch... let it go..

Your not gonna remove him from the closers role with your complaining, so get used to it..

I love Koch's quotes.

Like you said he's not a bad guy, just a bad reliever.

It's KW's and Oz's fault the rest of the way, not Koch's.

He's incapable of getting saves. They are capable of keeping

him out of save situations.