Koch Quotes

Texsox

I think were all well aware of how much you all hate Koch... these posts are pointless and annoying, not to mention takes up more space than needed... We get the picture, you dont like Koch... let it go..

Your not gonna remove him from the closers role with your complaining, so get used to it..

The fact that you still like him and defend him like you do is pitiful. He is not a major league closer...hell, he's barely a major league pitcher. You defending him and tell us how much we hate him is also taking up space. It's blind faith, and it's ignorant as hell and, quite frankly, can piss people off.

Blind faith...no matter what you do or what you say, I'll be behind you. The only time you have blind faith is in family. So that means Billy Koch is your husband(I hope not, because then I'd be verbally abusing his wife, and that would be a b****), you're his kid(again, I hope not), or you are somehow related to him otherwise very closely.

Either that, or you're Kenny Williams. If you're KW, take this :fyou for the Ritchie trade...lmao :D

I think were all well aware of how much you all hate Koch... these posts are pointless and annoying, not to mention takes up more space than needed... We get the picture, you dont like Koch... let it go..

Your not gonna remove him from the closers role with your complaining, so get used to it..

Koch-sucker anthony....maybe you should let it go....this obsession with your loser boy is not worth taking up space on this message board

Do you now want to compare your boy with anyone after last night's disaster?

You are lucky the admins removed the thread where I called out your gay ass

:fyou Botch

:fyou Ozzie for having faith in this loser

:fyou Koch sucker anthony for being a blind moron

Yeah, well maybe he doesn't get paid 6.5 million dollars a year to throw BP fastballs with no movement.

And he cannot even throw a BP fastball. With a 3 ball count, bases loaded, tie game, bottom of the 9th, he had to throw a strike, let they guy hit it and hope for the best. Anything out of the strike zone is a loser.

Koch is not the worst closer in baseball. On a middle of the pack team, he would fit right in. We need a WS contender closer, and he isn't it, and based on the past 18 months, will not be it.

Maybe someone could start a decline of Koch thread and he will rebound, but I doubt it.

Are you off your meds or something?

You are the one that is lucky that so far it has only been your THREAD that has removed.

Nobody should have to be derided for supporting a team or its players regardless of how they perform. It's our right to be upset with player performance. Utterly classless as it may be, it would also be within our rights to boo one of our own when they take the field (I'll refrain and quietly hope Oz does the right thing and keeps the ball far away from our non-closer).

None of us have the right to direct insulting, hateful and inflamatory language at another poster because they wanted someone to do what we all hoped he could.

My apologies to Anthony (a great poster who doesn't buckle to perceived bulls*** board pressure) on behalf of the rest of us, because you still don't get it.

It almost makes me feel bad to read these comments from him..he really seems like he wants to get better and pitch better and just cant seem to find it..maybe he should ask to be sent down for a month or so and work on his pitches(or a new pitch), not to mention his confidence. I think Shingo could be a good closer, hell..Mike Jackson used to close for Cleveland, we could try him..but I don't think they're long term answers at all.

Koch-sucker anthony....maybe you should let it go....this obsession with your loser boy is not worth taking up space on this message board

Do you now want to compare your boy with anyone after last night's disaster?

:headshake We've suspended people before for the same b.s. Chill out and quick attacking other posters.

Quote from the Times:

Even Sox opponents stand at the plate knowing Koch probably isn't up for the task. After the Seattle Mariners scored two runs off Koch in the ninth inning Sunday to tie the game 4-4, Jolbert Cabrera, who had one walk all season, was feeling pretty good about his chances with the bases loaded.

''I crowded the plate, and I was going to take the next two pitches,'' Cabrera said after he worked a 3-1 count off Koch. ''He was going to hit me, he was going to walk me or I was going to strike out looking. He was probably more nervous than I was. I didn't think he could throw two strikes right there.''

Quote from the Times:

Even Sox opponents stand at the plate knowing Koch probably isn't up for the task. After the Seattle Mariners scored two runs off Koch in the ninth inning Sunday to tie the game 4-4, Jolbert Cabrera, who had one walk all season, was feeling pretty good about his chances with the bases loaded.

''I crowded the plate, and I was going to take the next two pitches,'' Cabrera said after he worked a 3-1 count off Koch. ''He was going to hit me, he was going to walk me or I was going to strike out looking. He was probably more nervous than I was. I didn't think he could throw two strikes right there.''

Good post Chaos

I would be surprised if anyone on planet earth thought he could throw two strikes in that situation.

Then get the next guy out.

I think we watched the end of a promising career as a closer. :headshake

Even God cannot help him if he takes a loss tonight.

The next time he f***s up like that in front of the home crowd, and you know it's coming sooner or later, the whole place is going to be transformed into a mass of raving lunatics and Koch is gonna be in trouble.

The next time he f***s up like that in front of the home crowd, and you know it's coming sooner or later, the whole place is going to be transformed into a mass of raving lunatics and Koch is gonna be in trouble.

Chaos will be all over the place! :o

Won’t anyone please think about the children?

Good post Chaos

I would be surprised if anyone on planet earth thought he could throw two strikes in that situation.

I think we watched the end of a promising career as a closer.  :headshake

Yeah and it sucks cause I really wanted Koch to be the man this year. I thought he could come back and be the closer he once was, if we just gave him the chance and showed confidence in him, but when you have Jolbert Cabrerra confident that he can pressure our 6.3 million dollar closer into walking in the winning run...then I think the optimism is out the window.

I mean I'm glad he is pissed off and all, but you only get that "hey, give him another chance, he's a stand up guy" thing so many times.

Yeah and it sucks cause I really wanted Koch to be the man this year.  I thought he could come back and be the closer he once was, if we just gave him the chance and showed confidence in him, but when you have Jolbert Cabrerra confident that he can pressure our 6.3 million dollar closer into walking in the winning run...then I think the optimism is out the window. 

I mean I'm glad he is pissed off and all, but you only get that "hey, give him another chance, he's a stand up guy" thing so many times.

I knew he was going to be a key piece of this years team and it is disapointing he is only a middle of the pack closer. I was actually hoping he was goig to announce some minor surgery or something to explain the drop in velocity and effectiveness. When that didn't happen, I had a bad feeling.

I really wish he would shave. I'm sick of his face at this point.

I knew he was going to be a key piece of this years team and it is disapointing he is only a middle of the pack closer. I was actually hoping he was goig to announce some minor surgery or something to explain the drop in velocity and effectiveness. When that didn't happen, I had a bad feeling.

I really wish he would shave. I'm sick of his face at this point.

Botch reminds me a lot of Mitch Williams. Both were wild as hell and acted stupid when they screwed up. The only real difference is that Botch doesn't carry a toothbrush into the dugout nor does he jump over the foul line going to and from the mound.

Good post Chaos

I think we watched the end of a promising career as a closer.  :headshake

Yeah, now that I've finally cooled down over Sunday night's loss. It is pretty sad to think about. Koch had a pretty decent career until these past couple years. I know he's not doing this on purpose or anything, you can tell by the quotes.

Yeah and it sucks cause I really wanted Koch to be the man this year.  I thought he could come back and be the closer he once was, if we just gave him the chance and showed confidence in him, but when you have Jolbert Cabrerra confident that he can pressure our 6.3 million dollar closer into walking in the winning run...then I think the optimism is out the window. 

I couldn't agree more, Chaos. That's exactly the way I felt about him this season. I was disappointed last year. I thought he could turn it around. Foulke did it, but apparently Foulke is either a better pitcher or less of a head-case.