Latroy Hawkins bashes media

First off, i don't think 95% of questions are used to create controversy

This issue is bigger than Hawkins now, we are just talking about players in general. Yes, i'm not gonna lose sleep if LaTroy doesn't talk. We're just talking about a general issue here. Pretend it's Mark Buerhle not talking to the media then...

I don't think bringing up the money issue is a can of worms, i just think it's pretty obvious why athletes are paid so much money.

Taking it to the extreme Tex.... dontcha think?

Yes we take our sports to the extreme. Look how many thousands of posts about the White Sox are here. If I care about what YASNY, or you, or ChiSoxFn thinks about Koch, don;t you think we care what E-Lo thinks? If we care what we think about Rauch walking out, don't you think we care what Thomas thinks?

The "extreme".... bringing up why baseball players are paid more than the military. That's clearly a can of worms that is much bigger than this issue... no?

Agreed. I was using it for comparison. Let's use fireman and police officers who we expect to risk their lives for us.

When he cashes his check, he should be looking for a reporter to talk to.

I like Koch's attitude more than Hawkins. If Koch were only a better pitcher, he would be beloved in this town. With Hawkins, it seems like he isn't gonna talk to the media until he gets on a hot streak.

Also regarding the line "You can't do what I can do", I don't think Hawkins would make a very good sportswriter either.

I actually agree in principle with Latroy and I am happy he has called out the media

Idiots like Jay Moronotti and many others in many cities have no talent or skill at what they do.

Trust me, most of us here could write articles on sports. It is not a difficult job. But very few could throw the baseball or do whatever the given athlete does as well as them.

Facts are these journalists take it too far in their bashing and their constant whining is pathetic. Just because they have the pen, they lose sight of their moral responsibility to be fair in their reporting. They behave like the mob, where they all keep saying the same thing (many times which is wrong), and then suddenly that becomes the truth.

A simple eg:

Lord knows how many times Blache has been roasted for saying that he cares about wins and not about sacks. That does not mean he does not want his D to get sacks. Come on.....of course if he got a sack on every play he would be ecstatic...facts are he never had the players that could get him sacks (look at how hard Jerry A tried to get Kearse and Ogunleye afterwards). But the "dumb as rocks" media kept repating this BS until now it is like Blache does not want sacks and does not teach that to his players.

Ignorance runs rampant in journalism today. Sadly it is the sign of our times. One would think internet made things better....but this concept of message boards, chats, online info, newspapers etc has driven a lot of people to whine much more than enjoy the sport they seemingly love.

Jay Mariotti is an idiot, but honestly, he is a great writer. Think about it. He makes you think...no matter if you like him or you hate him it is good business money. Thats why he has his own show and that is why ESPN Radio 1000 is making money off of him, according to Len Weiner, program director. He mentioned that no matter if you hate him or love him, he'll always draw ratings. He started the whiner line for all of the b****ing and moaning fans. I love what is being done in Chicago media.

Way to go, Hawkins.

Jay Mariotti is an idiot, but honestly, he is a great writer. Think about it. He makes you think...no matter if you like him or you hate him it is good business money. Thats why he has his own show and that is why ESPN Radio 1000 is making money off of him, according to Len Weiner, program director. He mentioned that no matter if you hate him or love him, he'll always draw ratings. He started the whiner line for all of the b****ing and moaning fans. I love what is being done in Chicago media.

Way to go, Hawkins.

That's two things we agree on. Your avatar and this post. :lol:

I do like the fact that he is sticking up for his teammate, Borowski. BUT f*** him for talking s*** about Koch. Koch is speaking from his heart, and being a good an honest teammate by saying he let the team down. Who the hell is Hawkins to question what Koch thinks? f*** him.

I do like the fact that he is sticking up for his teammate, Borowski.  BUT f*** him for talking s*** about Koch.  Koch is speaking from his heart, and being a good an honest teammate by saying he let the team down.  Who the hell is Hawkins to question what Koch thinks?  f*** him.

He didn't talk s*** about Koch. He actually said that Koch should NOT apologize for anything, and that he thought Koch was pitching fine.