Koch is relieved of the Closer duty!

Xero

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zero was effective for YEARS in Japan. There's no reason a team can't see him twice. They might sit on his junk better, but they're not gonna hit it.

SHINGO! :headbang

OZZIE, SHINGO IS THE WAY TO GO

I wouldnt mind sending Koch down to Charlotte and bringing Wunsch back up for the lefty option late in games.  I think Koch could really benefit from spending a little time in the minors, a wake up call if you will.

Yeah - Wunsch can at least get out lefties. If you can send Koch down to the farm I'm totally OK with that.

Manager Ozzie Guillen dropped hints on Monday that he could be turning to Takatsu as the White Sox's new closer, the Chicago Daily Herald reports.

SPIN: "This guy [Takatsu] has been outstanding for us, brilliant," Guillen said. "I can count on him to pitch in any situation. He didn't save all of those games in Japan by accident." If Guillen does indeed remove Billy Koch from the closer's role Damaso Marte may also get some situational opportunities, but Takatsu would probably get first crack at the job.

I can only find things about Takatsu getting the job and not Damaso.

If they release Koch and eat his salary, then we'll know they're serious about winning.

The ideal thing to do would be to trade him to somebody for just about anything. Obviously, the Sox would have to eat most of his salary but maybe there is somebody out there who thinks they've got the answer on how to turn Koch around and would be willing to part with a middle reliever or minor league starter. :huh

I wonder if we can possibly dump him on the Mets.  I know Wilpon shot down a deal in the offseason, but Howe and Peterson may feel they can salvage Koch off the scrap heap.

Art Howe use to manage Billy Koch, maybe he can make him be better and give us some one good in exchange.