Reagan the new face of the $10 bill?

Texsox

Should we honor Reagan and put his face on the new $10 bill?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should we honor Reagan and put his face on the new $10 bill?

• Yes
    • No

NEW YORK (CNN/Money) - Ronald Reagan's face could one day adorn the $10 bill or half the dimes minted in the country, if fans of the late president get their way.

USA Today reported Tuesday that Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) plans to sponsor legislation in the Senate to have Reagan's image replace that of Alexander Hamilton, the nation's first treasury secretary, on the $10 bill.

Link

I was just getting ready to post this as a question and you beat me to it.

I'm scanning the globe to bring you the best in topics and links ;)

Without Southsider2k4's usual array of topic starts, SLAP will get slow and stale. I wonder where he's been? :huh

Funny, I'm probably the biggest fan of Reagan's and I'm the only person to vote "no" so far. I don't think this would be a good idea. A limited edition commerative coin or something like that would be cool.

Funny, I'm probably the biggest fan of Reagan's and I'm the only person to vote "no" so far. I don't think this would be a good idea. A limited edition commerative coin or something like that would be cool.

I was thinking a new $200 would be better.

I agree with you Mr. Eye.

I'm a huge fan of Reagan, but I voted no. Alexander Hamilton is also an important American figure and shouldn't be replaced. We can't keep phasing out old American heroes for the new. That is how nations and cultures lose their sense of history.

On a side note.. we haven't had a Presidential Hero since Kennedy.

I had nothing against Kennedy and actually think he could have been one of our better Presidents, but what makes him a hero? His service to his country? If that's the case, I would make a case for Bush 41 who was shot down in war.

I had nothing against Kennedy and actually think he could have been one of our better Presidents, but what makes him a hero? His service to his country? If that's the case, I would make a case for Bush 41 who was shot down in war.

Bush 41 just kind of coasted. I think he had a tough act to follow. People wanted Reagan II and that was impossible. His campaign was un-spirited at best. In contrast to his youthful and eneregetic opponent, Bush just went through the montions. And IMHO, like his son would do years later, he didn't jettison his VP when clearly it would have helped with the voters.

Oh, so Bush 43 has already jettisoned his VeeP?

No, but IMHO he should have. As much as I like Mr. Chaney, there were other candidates that would have helped his campaign more. The Haliburton, health, and other issues aren't something Bush should deal with in a close campaign. Chaney could have bowed out, citing health reasons, no harm no foul, and Bush could have had a stronger ticker.

Same thing with Bush 41. Quayle was a laughing stock by the re-election campaign. Comedians didn't even have to parody him, they just ran tape. I've grown to like the man since then, but during that campaign he was an anchor for Sr.

i think called Reagan a hero is a bit of a stretch too. Hamilton was one of our founding fathers and helped establish the backbone of our government.

On a side note.. we haven't had a Presidential Hero since Kennedy.

I know it's a matter of opinion and I'm not going to disrespect yours. However, I feel Reagan was a far greater president than Kennedy. And I do think JFK was one of the best.