Who should close?

EvilJester99

Who do you prefer to be the closer?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you prefer to be the closer?

• Shingo
    • Marte
    • Jackson
    • Koch < I know I know>
    • Politte< God help anyone for picking him>

I think everyone is going a bit far with this. Both are fine with me. You know why? If you have a 2 run lead going into the 8th inning, you need someone to pitch the 8th and someone to pitch the 9th. Now, as long as Koch isn't pitching one of those innings, i'm fine with it. I don't care if it goes Takatsu/Marte or Marte/Takatsu in the 8th/9th. Both innings are important; you could do it based on matchups perhaps. I hate to say the word "committee", but you get the idea. The main problem has been solved (or so i hope) - Koch doesn't pitch the 8th or 9th in a close game.

I seen on ESPN's Sox chat board that the Chubbies may be trying to work a deal for Urbina. If only the Sox would swoop in b4 them and get Urbina instead.

Urbina's been worse then Koch.

If we could get Urbina straight up for Koch, I'd do it. Otherwise, no.

To defend Marte, he picks up blown saves because he often comes into situations with men on base where other pitchers have been knocked out.

Can anyone clarify, has Marte ever been the OFFICIAL closer of the Sox? There was a time last year when he and Gordon were kinda sharing the load but has Marte ever been THE guy??