Fired!!!!!!!!!

Be Good

Me and the cocky owner couldn't get along. He threanted me "You have one week to learn" I guess a week is 2 days now :) . Last Wednesday was the 1st and yesterday was the 2nd.

I dont know how my sister can deal with him. I'm just enjoying my 1st day off in 10 days. And tommorrow will be a whole day off as I'm not going to school. :)

Well f*** him :headbang :) :D :headbang :fyou :bringit :finger

Me and the cocky owner couldn't get along.  He threanted me "You have one week to learn" I guess a week is 2 days now  :) .  Last Wednesday was the 1st and yesterday was the 2nd.

I dont know how my sister can deal with him. I'm just enjoying my 1st day off in 10 days.  And tommorrow will be a whole day off as I'm not going to school.  :)

Well f*** him  :headbang  :)  :D  :headbang  :fyou  :bringit  :finger

That was quick. Can you still use him as a reference? :lol:

i hope you stole some equipment at least

Not yet, but I really can't do that to my sister....I am goin do something to him though, as he didnt even have the guts to tell me, he had my sister fire me.

Idea's always welcomed. :)

Not yet, but I really can't do that to my sister....I am goin do something to him though, as he didnt even have the guts to tell me, he had my sister fire me.

Idea's always welcomed.  :)

I have an idea. Be Good!

Idea's always welcomed.  :)

Here's an idea. Start your own business. There are going to people at every company that you might not get along with. It would be a shame if you had five years into this company and tossed them all away when a new manager comes along.

Being adaptable is one way to survive in corporate America. Today he has a job, you do not. Who wins? Do that four or five times in the next year or two and it will get harder and harder to get a good job with a good company.

Here's an idea. Start your own business. There are going to people at every company that you might not get along with. It would be a shame if you had five years into this company and tossed them all away when a new manager comes along.

Being adaptable is one way to survive in corporate America. Today he has a job, you do not. Who wins? Do that four or five times in the next year or two and it will get harder and harder to get a good job with a good company.

it's a part-time job man, relax.

it's a part-time job man, relax.

Habits start young. Think of that job as AA ball. He got cut in two days. He failed at a part-time job, how is that a good thing for a full time job? The job market for good jobs is intense, more intense then ever before. Yes, it's a part time job but imagine two guys interviewing for a full time job. One has sterling references from his part time job, the other has three jobs listed and zero references, who would you hire?

Businesses today are looking for people who can work in a team environment. Flags go up when someone is perceived as not being able to work with a variety of people.

It is expensive to hire and train an individual for your company. Most companies will figure almost 6 months before someone is fully trained and functional. Add their salary during that time, the costs of advertsing, interviewing, running background checks, drug tests, other employees helping them out, etc. and companies do not want to hire someone who will be gone in a week.

Keep thinking it's only a part-time job. Your competitors for higher paying jobs will appreciate it.

Sorry to lecture, but I like BeGood, always have and I want to hear him being a success. One failure won't hurt, but do not make it a habit.

I have a job though (It only pays $8 an hour rather then $10 with the manager job) Also how could he get fired from being an owner?? I was a manager and he fired me cause he didn't like me, even if he didnt fire me it wasn't going to work out.

I have a job though (It only pays $8 an hour rather then $10 with the manager job) Also how could he get fired from being an owner??  I was a manager and he fired me cause he didn't like me, even if he didnt fire me it wasn't going to work out.

That's the point. The manager/owner/supervisor rarely gets fired. You will have to learn to adapt to the manager not the other way around.

It sounds like the interview was not in depth enough. If you only lasted two days, the issue must have been major. Major stuff should be covered in a decent interview.

BTW, if I was consulting for this guy, I would be giving him a longer list of what he did wrong. He did a terrible job hiring, opened himself up to legal action, etc. Firing someone is serious business in corporate America. He really needs to do a better job of screeening candidates.

Me and the cocky owner couldn't get along.  He threanted me "You have one week to learn" I guess a week is 2 days now  :) .  Last Wednesday was the 1st and yesterday was the 2nd.

I dont know how my sister can deal with him. I'm just enjoying my 1st day off in 10 days.  And tommorrow will be a whole day off as I'm not going to school.  :)

Well f*** him  :headbang  :)  :D  :headbang  :fyou  :bringit  :finger

Bastard. Screw him. Screw all employers.

Dairy Queen never answered me back about my hours.

Not the same situation, but you know what I'm getting at. :bang

That's the point. The manager/owner/supervisor rarely gets fired. You will have to learn to adapt to the manager not the other way around.

It sounds like the interview was not in depth enough. If you only lasted two days, the issue must have been major. Major stuff should be covered in a decent interview.

BTW, if I was consulting for this guy, I would be giving him a longer list of what he did wrong. He did a terrible job hiring, opened himself up to legal action, etc. Firing someone is serious business in corporate America. He really needs to do a better job of screeening candidates.

There wasn't an interview, my sister got me the job.

She asked me "Do you know anyone wants to be a manager".

"Yes I do. Me."

So she tried me out. The only people who are fired after 2 days are regular employees and even that doesn't happen that much. And as Tex said Managers/Superviors never get fired after 2 weeks, let alone 2 months.

There wasn't an interview, my sister got me the job.

She asked me "Do you know anyone wants to be a manager".

"Yes I do.  Me."

So she tried me out.  The only people who are fired after 2 days are regular employees and even that doesn't happen that much. And as Tex said Managers/Superviors never get fired after 2 weeks, let alone 2 months.

No company should ever hire someone, family or not, without an extensive interview. Hell, family should have the longest.

Also, never take a job without meeting and spending some time with your supervisor.

Bastard. Screw him. Screw all employers.

Dairy Queen never answered me back about my hours.

Not the same situation, but you know what I'm getting at. :bang

Haha that sucks.

I had my first day of work for the local University today and am not fired yet. ;)

Habits start young. Think of that job as AA ball. He got cut in two days. He failed at a part-time job, how is that a good thing for a full time job? The job market for good jobs is intense, more intense then ever before. Yes, it's a part time job but imagine two guys interviewing for a full time job. One has sterling references from his part time job, the other has three jobs listed and zero references, who would you hire?

Businesses today are looking for people who can work in a team environment. Flags go up when someone is perceived as not being able to work with a variety of people.

It is expensive to hire and train an individual for your company. Most companies will figure almost 6 months before someone is fully trained and functional. Add their salary during that time, the costs of advertsing, interviewing, running background checks, drug tests, other employees helping them out, etc. and companies do not want to hire someone who will be gone in a week.

Keep thinking it's only a part-time job. Your competitors for higher paying jobs will appreciate it.

Sorry to lecture, but I like BeGood, always have and I want to hear him being a success. One failure won't hurt, but do not make it a habit.

i know what you mean man, first-hand experience.

I'm a BAGGER.

been for almost 2 years now, finally able to quit next month though :headbang

I've had to put up w/ so much s*** from my bosses, but put up with it.

I hate where I work, K-Mart, been workin there for 3 and a half years now. I really want to get some work experience for a company this summer, so I don't hav to work my part time job no mores. ;)