Clinton's an idiot on this one

Texsox

CLINTON DISAPPOINTMENT: LEFT OFF FUNERAL SPEAKERS LIST

Former President Bill Clinton has privately expressed anger he has apparently been left off the speakers list of Friday's Reagan State Funeral, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

"President Clinton really held out all hope the funeral would be a nonpartisan event, like Nixon's was," a top Clinton source said on Tuesday morning. "He's angry and disappointed neither he nor President Carter have been asked to speak, as of yet."

The top source says Clinton has been critical that both Bush presidents will address the crowd gathered at National Cathedral.

Nixon's vice president Gerald Ford did not speak at Nixon's funeral.

Clinton's inner circle is convinced Nancy Reagan has personally shut out Clinton from any high-profile participation.

"It is a state funeral, using tax dollars," the top Clinton insider explained.

Former President George H.W. Bush, former British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher and former Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney will join President Bush in eulogizing Ronald Reagan, Reagan's office announced. Presiding over the service will be former Sen. John Danforth of Missouri, who is an ordained Episcopal priest. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor and the Rabbi Harold Kusher will give readings, while Irish tenor Ronan Tynan will sing.

The eulogy is being prepared by President Bush's chief speechwriter, Michael Gerson, who also wrote the president's moving speech for a memorial service in the same cathedral after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks.

Developing...

Found on the Drudge Report. My favorite right wing site for links.

Sorry, Billy I could see having President Carter, but you've had one or two too many scandals to be invited to speak.

but you've had one or two too many scandals to be invited to speak.

Like illegally selling arms to Iran for money to fund Contra troops...oh wait that wasn't Clinton...

:P

Seriously, though, How many people really need to speak at this event anyway? Do we really need to hear from a former Canadian Prime Minister?!?

Like illegally selling arms to Iran for money to fund Contra troops...oh wait that wasn't Clinton...

:P

Seriously, though, How many people really need to speak at this event anyway? Do we really need to hear from a former Canadian Prime Minister?!?

They aren't asking Reagan to speak either :ph34r:

I'm going to hell for that one.

when Clinton was elected, one of his first acts was to go meet with Reagan and share extraordinary graciousness to Reagan which was with pure class returned

Clinton should have been allowed to speak - they had a rapport and they spoke to each other regularly during Clinton's 8 years

Bushies must be afraid that the gracious, warm and warm spirited Clinton would make their dude look bad

Detroit ahead by 2, 3:22 left

when Clinton was elected, one of his first acts was to go meet with Reagan and share extraordinary graciousness to Reagan which was with pure class returned

Clinton should have been allowed to speak - they had a rapport and they spoke to each other regularly during Clinton's 8 years

Bushies must be afraid that the gracious, warm and warm spirited Clinton would make their dude look bad

Detroit ahead by 2, 3:22 left

Conversely, we can always talk about the class showed as the Clinton's left the White House. Somebody should have gone to jail over that.

I would like to mention my original thread title was edited, and not by me. I said Clinton was an Idiot on this one. I believe it. No way he should speak at Reagan's eulogy. Someone else added the "or not"

Clinton's personal behavior disgraced the office of President as did a couple other Presidents from both parties. He's the last former US President that should be speaking. I also think it's b.s. that our current President is speaking, especially in a campaign year.

Ah.  I see, Silly Reagan family, deciding who should speak at Ronnie's funeral.  How dare they.

While they have, rightfully, some input, this is a taxpayer bought, government sponsored and run event. I agree with no Clinton, I disagree that the Reagan family should be the ultimate judge. If they wanted to have it their way, keep it private and in California, no media, etc. Like it or not, when you become President you lose some of your privacy and rights. I trust President Reagan understood, accepted, and embraced that reality.

As a celebration of his life and reflecting his roll as unifier, I would have liked to see a leading Democrat speak at the funeral. There was a lot of people from across the isle that became Reagan Democrats.

Allegedly, Clinton administration members busted up computers and other office fixtures after they abandoned the White House.

From what I heard they exagerated the claims. The one thing I heard they did was hysterical - taking all the 'w's from the keyboards and hiding them. I also thought the sign on one of the doors 'Office of Strategery' (from SNL) was freaking funny too. I didn't hear about anything being destroyed though.

From what I heard they exagerated the claims.  The one thing I heard they did was hysterical - taking all the 'w's from the keyboards and hiding them.  I also thought the sign on one of the doors 'Office of Strategery' (from SNL) was freaking funny too.  I didn't hear about anything being destroyed though.

Well, if you want to get technical. Taking all the "W"s from the keyboards can be looked at as theft and vandalism.

Well, if you want to get technical. Taking all the "W"s from the keyboards can be looked at as theft and vandalism.

It is common practice with the change of administrations do do these pranks. They even happened when Reagan gave way to Bush.

I guess so, but damn, if they couldn't see the humor in it, that explains a great deal about the current administration lol.

oh yeah, they just hid them from what I read so reduce the charges to vandalism and since it wasn't broken, per se, and even with inflated government prices, no more than a misdemeanor...lol

And, if the sun positions itself around Earth just right, Republicans can be looked at as soul-less and dangerously short-sighted hypocrites.

Allegedly.