Saturday Starter

Rex Hudler

I've said it once, I'll say it again. Sum1 at SoxFest has gotta lay into KW about these minor league pitchers being promoted from short rest after only pitching an inning or two. Does any other major league team even use this method? ;)

Actually, is this really all that bad. He pitched on his normal rest instead of holding him out and going on like 8 or 9 days rest.

Seems to me they said, we'll give him a few innings to stretch him out and then let him go on at least a decent amount of rest. I'd rather have him in this situation then sitting about 8 or 9 days.

Gio Gonzalez and Munoz have killer curves. We'll see both of them pitch when it's all said and done. :)

Let's sign Gio and have him pitch Saturday. :lol:

No, seriously though, best of luck to Munoz! Six innings, four runs or less, and I will be a happy man! Good luck! :cheers

Actually, is this really all that bad.  He pitched on his normal rest instead of holding him out and going on like 8 or 9 days rest.

Seems to me they said, we'll give him a few innings to stretch him out and then let him go on at least a decent amount of rest.  I'd rather have him in this situation then sitting about 8 or 9 days.

This situation would have been avoided with better planing. If they had decided two weeks ago Arine would be brought to start, his slot in the rotation would have been adjusted to match his start in Chicago. Seems to me like the Sox are always making last second decisions with their prospects. The kid is probably nervous as hell and throwing off his usual rest period probably won't help him feel any better.

Although I think this is the dumbest move we could make at this point and I think we would be much better off starting Diaz without screwing with his schedule and actually setting him up to succeed I will still force a smile and hope it works out.

I hope i'm wrong :unsure:

Although I think this is the dumbest move we could make at this point and I think we would be much better off starting Diaz without screwing with his schedule and actually setting him up to succeed I will still force a smile and hope it works out.

I hope i'm wrong  :unsure:

Diaz got f***ing schellacked(who knows how to spell that word. :huh) in his last outing. He lost his chance to come back up then.

Diaz got f***ing schellacked(who knows how to spell that word. :huh) in his last outing.  He lost his chance to come back up then.

Come on cheat he was set up to fail...

He got two starts, both on a screwed up schedule.

How can you expect the guy to perform when he can't even stick to a realiaistic schedule.

Read the post above yours. There is no major league team in Charlotte.

Cheat, I think you are being a bit hard on the Beaver...... Diaz has one bad outing in Charlotte all year. Many guys bounce right back from a tough outing with a very good one. Looking forward, I think Arnie deserves a chance. I just wish they would cut the string and lose the game of yo-yo they are playing. But I doubt they will.

Cheat, I think you are being a bit hard on the Beaver...... Diaz has one bad outing in Charlotte all year.  Many guys bounce right back from a tough outing with a very good one.  Looking forward, I think Arnie deserves a chance.  I just wish they would cut the string and lose the game of yo-yo they are playing.  But I doubt they will.

I'm not being hard on the guy, he just didn't have it on a night when he needed to. In fact he made it to the 7th not the 6th as I had thought, but couldn't get anyone out that inning (8 runs crossed the plate, 6 charged to Diaz).

The point I was making was that he sealed his fate with that outing in Charlotte, not his performaces with the sox.

I'm not being hard on the guy, he just didn't have it on a night when he needed to.  In fact he made it to the 7th not the 6th as I had thought, but couldn't get anyone out that inning (8 runs crossed the plate, 6 charged to Diaz).

The point I was making was that he sealed his fate with that outing in Charlotte, not his performaces with the sox.

And my point is, that outing should not seal his fate....... it was only one outing. Plans to send Munoz were already in the works, so in reality, I doubt that outing had anything to do with it, as it should be.