My night

The Beast

So I go to the park at about 4:40...we get to the train station and we find we forgot the tickets...tough luck, and so we go back home to get them...go to lisle, and we get to Union Station around 5:40. I meet my father up there, and we shortly leave. Its 94 where I live and 91 in Chi-town. We get to the cell, park it and I go to get autographs while my brothers (on the Longshots traveling team) go on the field to walk around. Kinda cheesy how they do that stuff...so I'm sitting there and I spy with my little eye who I thought to be Minny Minoso... :unsure: I'm like hey, Min, over here bud! He's like I'm Jessie White. :ph34r: So then I get his autograph on my already crappy Josh Paul autographed ball...get Jon Garland to sign my card, and then I see Ozzie...before this all happened though, Jimmy Rollins personally took one autograph for this little kid who was politely waiting for him. It was real cute, and made me feel good inside. :headbang and so I go back to my seats, and as I go back, my boss is throwing out the first pitch, Tony Nitti (president of DGYB Youth Baseball, South League) and found that was real cool. I sat down, watched the game, had the following to eat ( :lol: to JimH and quickman)

-2 mt. dews

-1 grape gatorade

-left over nachos which I took from someone who offered

-peanuts (full bag)

-2 koscher hot dogs

Filled out my ballots, about 40 or so of them, so I've filled about 70 out...I voted for 1 CUB...Ramirez, just because I hate all other NL 3b...and I wrote in about 70 votes for Uribe... :bringit other UT's...

Here I am now, and it was a great night.

one thing that was very cool was while philly was taking BP, a few of the philly outfielders were throwing balls up to us in the UD, or well, were trying to. I almost had one too.....

one thing that was very cool was while philly was taking BP, a few of the philly outfielders were throwing balls up to us in the UD, or well, were trying to.  I almost had one too.....

Phillies guys are a class act. I'm writing a letter to the Phillies asking for Jimmy Rollins to be recognized for his actions.

Phillies guys are a class act. I'm writing a letter to the Phillies asking for Jimmy Rollins to be recognized for his actions.

unlike those tampa bay OF'ers mocking the little kids asking for balls in the OF during BP...they kept asking and the players turned pretended to throw it to the little kids, then turned back around and threw it back into the infield then started laughing about it

Sounds like Beastly and Soxnbears had a great night tonight. Can't ask much more from a game, with lots of home runs and a Sox win. Too bad Billy Botch didn't pitch so you couldn't boo him though. ;) :lol:

i live in atlanta and i will be in chicago on july 8th and 9th to see the sox if anyone wants to meet me there... not familiar with the chicago area and need a good hotel if anyone has any ideas about a cheap one

I'll be there on the 8th....I'm coming up with a friend just for the day to see the Anaheim game. I'll be back the weekend of the Detroit series with my family; I'm seeing a game on the 24th.

I was there in section 162 of the bleachers, Millwood was tossing balls up to some kids next to me, but Randy Wolf wouldn't give them or us crap.  So we heckled him.

Maybe because he went on the dl with an elbow injury.

so I'm sitting there and I spy with my little eye who I thought to be Minny Minoso...  I'm like hey, Min, over here bud! He's like I'm Jessie White.

That's hilarious! If Bernie Mac was there would you have said 'Hey Kenny Williams'? :lol: :lol:

Great night at the park!

I'm totally in on the "younger guys of soxtalk" get together. I was supposed to go wed, and i just got called in to ump earlier tonight. Now i'm shooting for friday, i can't make it any other day because of umping.

You're not that young.... :ph34r:

Guest JimH

Older guys report:

Quick and I sat in 2nd row RF, right behind the bullpen sports bar. I bought them 1/2 price (Pepsi) on the internet at noon yesterday. For whatever reason, I could not buy Club Box via internet, it said "cannot fill your request". I know the Premium Club Box is only sold by the season, but it looked like there was plenty of room in the Club Box seats, which are past 1st and 3rd base on the 300 level.

Crowded out there in RF and out on the concourse, but no problems. Lots of security. Very humid so I spent a few innings on the concourse where there was a little breeze. A few Phillies fans but they were no problem at all.

As stated here before, no vendors walking around in the OF stands, beer or otherwise (at least we didn't see any). One beer per person at the concourse stands. We weren't affected at all as neither of us were in the drinking mood.

Ross, we did not match your food consumption although we did have a great burrito and taco before the game at the south side's greatest Mexican place, Tacos Erindera on 35th between Halsted and Emerald. I talked to the owner, who said two of his regular customers are Carlos Lee and Loaiza. Tacos Erindera does some catering work with the White Sox and the players are finding out what great food it is.

Older guys report:

Quick and I sat in 2nd row RF, right behind the bullpen sports bar.  I bought them 1/2 price (Pepsi) on the internet at noon yesterday.  For whatever reason, I could not buy Club Box via internet, it said "cannot fill your request".  I know the Premium Club Box is only sold by the season, but it looked like there was plenty of room in the Club Box seats, which are past 1st and 3rd base on the 300 level.

You guys could have had our tickets. We went upstairs. :D

unlike those tampa bay OF'ers mocking the little kids asking for balls in the OF during BP...they kept asking and the players turned pretended to throw it to the little kids, then turned back around and threw it back into the infield then started laughing about it

Not Rocco and Carl. Say it isn't so

Hey man let me know, ill go with

Looks to quickman to hook us up with tickets, :lol:

Well can you guys pass off as 13? Then I could meet you guys at kids day and then we all could get autographs...(I might need to shave and break a leg :o ) but yeah, let me see when I might be going...that'd be fun.

And if we are going, lets make sure quickman is going that day...you guys got to meet this guy, he's a class act, as well as JimH.

Older guys report: Ah...Older gentleman are geysers in their 60's...your not that old ;)

Quick and I sat in 2nd row RF, right behind the bullpen sports bar. I bought them 1/2 price (Pepsi) on the internet at noon yesterday. For whatever reason, I could not buy Club Box via internet, it said "cannot fill your request". I know the Premium Club Box is only sold by the season, but it looked like there was plenty of room in the Club Box seats, which are past 1st and 3rd base on the 300 level. We sat in 117...I heard some rumblings by some annoying Phillies fans throwing peanuts at each other...someone finally threw a beer at them and they shut their mouths...

Crowded out there in RF and out on the concourse, but no problems. Lots of security. Very humid so I spent a few innings on the concourse where there was a little breeze. A few Phillies fans but they were no problem at all.

Very hot. I wore my black jersey and a t-shirt and it was even worse

As stated here before, no vendors walking around in the OF stands, beer or otherwise (at least we didn't see any). One beer per person at the concourse stands. We weren't affected at all as neither of us were in the drinking mood.

Hmm, wait, is premium the ones that are right below the skybox? I thought I heard there were people who would go get your food. We had those at the Sox/Cubs game 2 years back...

Ross, we did not match your food consumption although we did have a great burrito and taco before the game at the south side's greatest Mexican place, Tacos Erindera on 35th between Halsted and Emerald. I talked to the owner, who said two of his regular customers are Carlos Lee and Loaiza. Tacos Erindera does some catering work with the White Sox and the players are finding out what great food it is.

Mexican food is one of my favorites, next to Chinese and Italian. But if you know me all I want to do is eat, eat, eat. :rolleyes: