My night

The Beast

Guest JimH
And if we are going, lets make sure quickman is going that day...you guys got to meet this guy, he's a class act

He sure is, once he gets off my ass about why we got outfield seats, why don't I want a beer, why don't I want to sit upstairs at the Bullpen Bar, why do I want to walk on the concourse, why do I order a pitcher at Schallers instead of a single beer, why would I order anything other than steak parm at Bertucci's, why don't I want any peanuts, what's the matter with me, etc. etc. :lol:

He sure is, once he gets off my ass about why we got outfield seats, why don't I want a beer, why don't I want to sit upstairs at the Bullpen Bar, why do I want to walk on the concourse, why do I order a pitcher at Schallers instead of a single beer, why would I order anything other than steak parm at Bertucci's, why don't I want any peanuts, what's the matter with me, etc. etc.  :lol:

Well... why..? :lol:

Guest JimH
Well... why..?  :lol:

I ask myself that all the time! :lol:

I'm just into that 'ol "I'm over 21 and I like to make my own decisions" thing :lol:

I ask myself that all the time!  :lol:

I'm just into that 'ol "I'm over 21 and I like to make my own decisions" thing  :lol:

No way... ya mean you don't have to follow around, or be followed around, like a little puppy dog and be kept out of trouble... :lol:

He sure is, once he gets off my ass about why we got outfield seats, why don't I want a beer, why don't I want to sit upstairs at the Bullpen Bar, why do I want to walk on the concourse, why do I order a pitcher at Schallers instead of a single beer, why would I order anything other than steak parm at Bertucci's, why don't I want any peanuts, what's the matter with me, etc. etc.  :lol:

Then thats where ya got me coming in and start randomly talking white sox baseball.

Say...what was his reaction to being down 3-0, coming back and "the piece of s***'s" two HR's...first one killing it after fouling off about 7 pitches?

Guest JimH
Fine. 70's. 80's. 90's.

Hey Ross, I was old enough to drink in all of those decades ...

70's, 80's 90's

:lol:

P.S. - on Italian food, have your dad and Terry take you to Bertucci's, near the ballpark at 24th and Princeton. You will love it for sure.

Hey Ross, I was old enough to drink in all of those decades ...

70's, 80's 90's

:lol:

P.S. - on Italian food, have your dad and Terry take you to Bertucci's, near the ballpark at 24th and Princeton.  You will love it for sure.

:lolhitting

Whenever the age factor comes in...just say a wizard did it. (Simpsons quote)

I'll check the food out. You know I'll finish it. :)

Guest JimH
Then thats where ya got me coming in and start randomly talking white sox baseball.

Say...what was his reaction to being down 3-0, coming back and "the piece of s***'s" two HR's...first one killing it after fouling off about 7 pitches?

Well, we talked about baseball too, all was well until we got on the 5th starter topic :lol:

On the Konerko thing, glad you brought it up. I mentioned how the best thing Konerko could do in that first at-bat was make the rookie throw about 10 pitches.

TQ response: "No way, not from this guy" (Konerko).

11 pitches and a home run later ... :bang

Guest JimH
No way... ya mean you don't have to follow around, or be followed around, like a little puppy dog and be kept out of trouble...   :lol:

Well ... "sometimes".

But not with the guys :cheers

Well, we talked about baseball too, all was well until we got on the 5th starter topic  :lol:

On the Konerko thing, glad you brought it up.  I mentioned how the best thing Konerko could do in that first at-bat was make the rookie throw about 10 pitches.

TQ response:  "No way, not from this guy" (Konerko).

11 pitches and a home run later ... :bang

Such a stubborn man, Terry is. Makes me wonder if he's reading this thread. :ph34r: But at least his statement was justified, last year...

I think a saturday or sunday in July would be worth a look...but i could go any day of the week that i don't have to ump

You umpire too? Thats so cool, because I do also. I'm not patched yet, but I will be soon once I go to Umpire School. How much money do you make for games? I make 25.00 for plate and 15.00 for field. I was selected as honerable Allstar game home plate umpire. I would go when ever I can con my dad or my dear friend quickman to go.

I'm not patched yet either, but my application for IHSA is in the mail. Doesn't matter, though, it's never prevented me from getting a ton of games because the umping supervisor knows me well and has seen me ump numerous times. I make 50 dollars if i do it by myself, 33 if there are two of us. I'd say i'm by myself 90-95% of the time.