Call Me Crazy...

Fotop

Wow Jeckle, that was quite the informative post.

[/sarcasm]

Steve, if the trade involved Valentin then Uribe would be at SS...either way I'm assuming Wille and Uribe get to play just as much as they are now if the trade was made.

Wite, if we do trade for Finley you've got to play him everyday. He's left-handed and he's hitting really well. Assuming the D'Backs want a good amount for him you can't really justify not playing him everdyay if you give up something signifcant for him.

All Cubs bias aside (Jeckle, et al.) you have to admit that Patterson has just as much potential as anyone. As we've seen with Uribe a change of scenery can do wonders and with a high ceiling player such as Patterson why not take that chance? I don't know abou the rest of you but I attribute most of Patterson's shortcomings to the Cubs organization and the environment he was thrusted into.

Wite, if we do trade for Finley you've got to play him everyday. He's left-handed and he's hitting really well. Assuming the D'Backs want a good amount for him you can't really justify not playing him everdyay if you give up something signifcant for him.

They won't get a ton for him. I could see us giving them Timo Perez and a decent prospect(Perez just being there to fill in in Finley).

Finley's in the last year of his deal and is a little older. And seeing how he isn't the best player available on the market at his position(Carlos Beltran), Arizona can't ask for a lot for him.

Randy Johnson, on the other hand, is a completely different story. Luis Gonzalez too.

[/sarcasm]

Steve, if the trade involved Valentin then Uribe would be at SS...either way I'm assuming Wille and Uribe get to play just as much as they are now if the trade was made.

All Cubs bias aside (Jeckle, et al.) you have to admit that Patterson has just as much potential as anyone. As we've seen with Uribe a change of scenery can do wonders and with a high ceiling player such as Patterson why not take that chance? I don't know abou the rest of you but I attribute most of Patterson's shortcomings to the Cubs organization and the environment he was thrusted into.

Oh, I missed you were sending them Jose. My bad. I don't think the Cubs would take Jose. They would ask for an OF in return. This suits it a little better, but I would like to keep Jose, and I am just not a big fan of Corey.

I'd not heard about Patterson saying those kinds of things.  That's interesting...and he's a s***head.  He's got the tools to be a good ballplayer, but if that's his attitude, he can go f*** himself.  He's not the second coming.

I have heard it a few times. I doubt I came close to his exact words, but it is along those lines. Even Mariotti criticized Corey for the comments. Maybe Corey could change, I just don't want to mess any chemestry up. We have a good mix right now.

[/sarcasm]

I could care less if the jerk was a scrub or not.

He is just like Chris Singleton.

I would take a decent cub in a second but i'm going going to take their rejects just because they can't live up to the hype their owners create for them.

I have heard it a few times. I doubt I came close to his exact words, but it is along those lines. Even Mariotti criticized Corey for the comments. Maybe Corey could change, I just don't want to mess any chemestry up. We have a good mix right now.

If that's his attitude, I don't want to trade for him.

It is an entirely different story if he's a FA and is bouncing around while never putting it all together, ala Jose Guillen last year. Or if we are out of contention.

Corey Patterson is not in the situation Guillen was in, and we are not out of contention.

Trading Valentin for Patterson would hurt this years team. In the long run, it would help the Sox ..... maybe.

I think Borchard has as much chance of helping the Sox this year as Patterson would. With all the good young OF prospects, it doesn't make sense to me to trade for another one unless we were going to move him later or one of the others now. I'd much rather have Steve Finley as a stopgap measure. The guy is a winner.