Arnie Munoz Will Likely Start on Saturday

Chisoxfn

All we need from the 5th starter is 5 IP 3 ER everytime out.  If we get that we win 50% of those starts, and we make the playoffs.  It is just that simple.

Are you talking 3 ER for the 5 innings which is an ERA of 5.4 or an ERA of 3.0?

3 earned runs in 5 innings= 5.40 era.  This team averages 5.8 runs per game.  Once you add in unearned runs, the RPG would be about dead even.

I thought that's what you meant. A fifth starter who is .500 is as good as it gets. I would accept a win percentage of .250 to .400 at this point.

I'm certain once every guy in AAA, AA, and A have had their chance, Kenny will find someone. I just hope we do not ruin any careers in the process of rushing guys to the Cell.

So does tonight's rainout kill Arnie' MLB debut?

It puts it on hold at least. I don't think we need a 5th starter til the 17th, and even then, KW mite hav already made a deal for a starter by then.

So does tonight's rainout kill Arnie' MLB debut?

That's what was reported on the news this morning that they aren't using the 5th starter. Now whether this was pure speculation or confirmed by the Sox, I don't know cuz they didn't say. :D

Here's a thought. If Munoz could somehow be "the guy" Kenny wouldn't have to make a deal. Maybe starting the guy here in early June wouldn't be such a bad idea. Unless they know he ain't ready.