• 5-3, 3.89 ERA in 2004
  • Did not face Phillies in 2003
  • 0-0, 27.00 lifetime vs. Phillies

PHI: RHP Brett Myers

• 4-3, 4.03 ERA in 2004
  • Has never faced White Sox
Prediction of how long Schoeneweis will last: 6+ innings

Prediction of how long Myers will last: 5+ innings

Cheer up guys, the Sox had never faced Madson before and look how that turned out. Let's not start believing that the Sox are cursed and never do well when seeing a pitcher for the first time. We'll start sounding like Cubs fans with talks about curses and that's almost as bad as losing. Let's go Sox! :D

Cheer up guys, the Sox had never faced Madson before and look how that turned out.  Let's not start believing that the Sox are cursed and never do well when seeing a pitcher for the first time.  We'll start sounding like Cubs fans with talks about curses and that's almost as bad as losing.  Let's go Sox!  :D

Lately, the problem has been the Sox killing themselves with their relief pitching.

They haven't had huge trouble with any starter in quite awhile.

Lately, the problem has been the Sox killing themselves with their relief pitching.

They haven't had huge trouble with any starter in quite awhile.

Yeah...since yesterday. :ph34r:

Sorry, couldn't resist and yes, I agree with your assesment.

Cotts didn't help.

Cotts didn't help?

He pitched an Inning. kept the two inheritted runners he recieved from scoring. Gave up a double and a walk before being pulled in favor of Billy Koch.

Billy Koch quickly let the two inheritted runners score. The first five batters he faced went (single, double, walk, Sac Fly, strike out.) That made for a stretch of 9 straight guys reaching base on Koch, over the span of two games.

Cotts didn't help?

He pitched an Inning. kept the two inheritted runners he recieved from scoring. Gave up a double and a walk before being pulled in favor of Billy Koch.

Billy Koch quickly let the two inheritted runners score. The first five batters he faced went (single, double, walk, Sac Fly, strike out.)  That made for a stretch of 9 straight guys reaching base on Koch, over the span of two games.

Giving up the eventual winning run in the game raising your ERA to 5.31 isn't exactly helping.

Giving up the eventual winning run in the game raising your ERA to 5.31 isn't exactly helping.

He wasn't given the chance to prevent those runs from scoring. And bringing in Billy(I let the last 6 guys I've faced reach base)Koch come in to clean up isn't going to help. :rolleyes:

Cotts may have let one of those two baserunners score. But bringing in BK made it a certainty. We probably still lose, so whats the differece right?

The difference is the Winning or tying run is coming to the plate in the bottom of the 9th if Koch doesn't pitch in that game.

He wasn't given the chance to prevent those runs from scoring. And bringing in Billy(I let the last 6 guys I've faced reach base)Koch come in to clean up isn't going to help.  :rolleyes:

Cotts may have let one of those two baserunners score. But bringing in BK made it a certainty.  We probably still lose, so whats the differece right?

The difference is the Winning or tying run is coming to the plate in the bottom of the 9th if Koch doesn't pitch in that game.

:headbang :headbang :headbang

I realize that Cotts wasn't the pitcher out there when the runs came in.. but he did put them on base.

That's all I'm saying...

He put him out there, but he gets charged 2ER for the 2 baserunners he allowed.

Adkins allowed 3 baserunners, Cotts bailed him out, no ER.

BK meanwhile, allowed 5 baserunners, and only is charged 1ER. Just another reason why ERA isn't a good measurement to judge Relief pitchers.

Cotts got his job done, Cleaned up for Adkins, was not allowed to clean up his own mess. -- I wouldn't be defending the guy if those runs scored on his watch.

BK didn't get his job done, and created a bigger mess, allowing his own runners to score, even though he was working with a shortened inning (1 out when he came in)