Favorite non-sox player

Mine is definetly Vlad Guerrero. IMO, he is everything you'd want in a superstar player-- a true class act. I was an expos fan when he was there, and now I'm really beginning to become an Angels fan because of him, and just the overall direction of the franchise.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This needs to go in the non Sox sports area...

I would have to say Barry Bonds, just because it is a spectacle watching him hit.

Me too.

I don't necessarily like the guy, but watching him play is insane. He is dominant. It's like watching the Michael Jordan(in basketball of course) of baseball.

Me too.

I don't necessarily like the guy, but watching him play is insane.  He is dominant.  It's like watching the Michael Jordan(in basketball of course) of baseball.

Interestingly enough, I'm not really that big of a Jordan fan. I can't stand his ego. I'm indifferent about Bonds.

Jim Thome.

No roids, no nutrition "gurus," no 24/7 personal trainer.  Eats steak and f***ing eggs for breakfast everyday, grabs a bat, hits .300 with 35 Homers and 100 ribbies then goes out for a few beers afterwards. 

That's a baseball player.

Yeah, Thome is great. There was a good article about him in ESPN the mag a few weeks ago and it made me like him even more.

But, my favorite non-Sox player has to be Melvin Mora. He is a great all around player, outstanding average, good power, good speed, and can play just about every position.

Albert Pujols is also high up on that list. Notice most of the guys I like are 5 tool players, not just a slugger.

Barry Zito

Greg Maddux

Examples of that you don't have to throw hard to get people out and win

Todd Helton

Craig Biggio (Plays hard everywhere he plays and Excels)

Robert Fick :ph34r: