important!

hi8is

for those of you who are in chi-town... i am currently planning on taking a greyhound from here (santa barbara CA) to chicago.... i wanna make it in time to go to all 3 chisox/cubs games at us cell. park.... i was hoping that all u people in chitown could help a brother out =D

a. maybe let me stay on your couch for a night or 2 so i dont have to sleep on the streets/in a park (which i will if i have to)

b. tell me / help me out in gettin some good tickets

im sure that some of u got the hook up! =D

im sure there is goin to be a huge sox talk bandwagon and im hopin to make this the kick of to an annual event !!!

PEACE!

for those of you who are in chi-town... i am currently planning on taking a greyhound from here (santa barbara CA) to chicago.... i wanna make it in time to go to all 3 chisox/cubs games at us cell. park.... i was hoping that all u people in chitown could help a brother out =D

a. maybe let me stay on your couch for a night or 2 so i dont have to sleep on the streets/in a park (which i will if i have to)

b. tell me / help me out in gettin some good tickets

im sure that some of u got the hook up! =D

im sure there is goin to be a huge sox talk bandwagon and im hopin to make this the kick of to an annual event !!!

PEACE!

You'll be very lucky to find tickets for even 1 of those gms. You gotta jump on Cubs/Sox tickets wayyyyyyyyyyyy before June 10th.

Naaa... as the day nears they'll get cheaper. Especially a single.

Doesn't that defy the basic idea of supply and demand?

In the upcoming weeks, with the game fast approaching and people looking to attend the game, I wouldn't believe a scalper will lower their prices. Only way you'll be able to buy a cheap Cub/Sox ticket (regardless of it being a single) is if the game has already begun.

In the upcoming weeks, with the game fast approaching and people looking to attend the game, I wouldn't believe a scalper will lower their prices.  Only way you'll be able to buy a cheap Cub/Sox ticket (regardless of it being a single) is if the game has already begun.

Prices come crashing down the day of the game... Prior to that "brokers" are able to hold out for highest bidders. But every ticket they get stuck with in hand is lost money, so at the very last minute tickets can come awfully cheap. If you can find them.

In the upcoming weeks, with the game fast approaching and people looking to attend the game, I wouldn't believe a scalper will lower their prices.  Only way you'll be able to buy a cheap Cub/Sox ticket (regardless of it being a single) is if the game has already begun.

Some people only need 3 tickets.. when they call a broker (who usually buys in even numbers) sells them 3. Then they have an extra.. they hang at Jimbo's starting about 10 am and dump the singles for not much more than face. This is how guys in my office have been buying tickets to that series for the past 5 years. They don't are about sitting together and they always end up with lower deck tickets.

Some people only need 3 tickets.. when they call a broker (who usually buys in even numbers) sells them 3. Then they have an extra.. they hang at Jimbo's starting about 10 am and dump the singles for not much more than face. This is how guys in my office have been buying tickets to that series for the past 5 years. They don't are about sitting together and they always end up with lower deck tickets.

Steff is wise and speaks the truth. My Bro has stayed calm and been able to snag single seat Cubs/Sox tickets for not much more than face at Jimbo's day of game for the last three years. He's also actually gotten a ticket for well under face in front of the park, but had to miss like an inning and a half before the guy budged on his price.

It's a bit of a gamble to go and not have tickets, especially if you are road tripping, but it's doable if you only need singles and aren't picky about where you are sitting.

76 for upperdeck? ouch.  I just got lower deck....3rd base line for 83...a ticket.  You should of checked out Ebay.

I got 6 in right field for 6/25 just right of the fan deck from stub hub for a little under $100 each. The fact that I needed more than 4 and the fact that I wasn't going to fly in with my family without tickets lined up meant I needed to pay a little more than I would have liked.

No complaints, I'm getting jazzed already!

Sox at Marlins one week from tonight! :cheers

Tribe at Sox the week after! :cheers :cheers

Scrubs at Sox the next day! :cheers :cheers :cheers

Crap, the rest of the summer is gonna blow after that... :D

I honestly can't believe anyone would pay that much to see a team they hate.

I have never, and WILL never, see a Yankee game.

I don't like them, so I stay away.

Even if (when?) the Sox destroy them, it's still not worth $76 or $83 or $____ per ticket just to watch a team I claim to be unable to stand.

I really don't get it....

There's no way I'd gamble on picking up tickets on gameday. The road trip itself jacks up the price of going to a game for me. I guess I'll miss the series again this year, as all my inquiries have been in vain. Though, in one instance it was my own fault.

I wont pay that much either, but I love going to to Cub and NY games. Your missing out on a great time. We usually buy the 7 or 9 game package, just for speciality games we know will be hard to get tickets to, so usaully Minny games in September and Aug, the Cub games, the Yanks, and Boston. We pay normal price, so its a fine deal.

Cubs games are such a good time, such a good atmosphere at the park, your missing out.

If you're paying regular price, that's something different.

I'll pay face value to watch anyone, except the Spankees, who I have ZERO interest in paying one thin dime to see, ever.

I guess I'm asking why someone would fork over ridiculous money to see the Cubs, while the park sits half-empty most other games.

Wouldn't it make more sense to buy a ticket for 4 or more Sox games against AL clubs than to waste that money on ONE ticket for a game against a team people here claim to not care about?

Just doesn't seem like enough "bang for the buck" to me.

When I see a Cubs game ( and I DO see them, since the Mrs and my cousin/best friend are both die-hard Cub fans ), I pay regular price and see them at Wrigley. I'm not paying a scalper or eBay or whatever for anything, I don't care what it is.

I understand your line of argument, but I don't ascribe to it. I've never personally claimed to have no interest in the Cubs. In fact I dislike them so much that it really warms my heart to see the Sox play them well and hopefully win the series' against them this year. Even though it's not an on-field rivalry with a long history, it is as intense as any in the game. off the field we all know the story.

As far as paying a premium to see one game versus spending the same amount to see three or four other games, I again see your side of it but don't concur. I'll be at the Indians day game the day before the Friday Cobs/Sox and I'll have a ball, but it won't be the same as being at a sold out park with the kind of intensity. Sometimes you pay a premium for special events and it's cool if you're not willing to pay that too. Fortunately it's not the $1000 ticket broker insanity we saw at Wrigley last year for the Yankees games, and that is crazy. But for me, I only get to a handful of games a year, and I go into hock to fly my family in to do it. In the scheme of things, the price of a ballgame is, within reason, not going to be the deal breaker.

Which brings up an interesting topic. Looking at other entertainment venues, movies, theater, concerts, opera, etc. they have variable pricing plans. I've paid $100 to see Aerosmith and $6. with a two drink minimum to see David Lee Roth. Both were fair prices.

Movies will not allow discount tickets for Lord of the Rings, yet will for lesser movies.

Why not variable pricing based on who the team is playing? I know baseball wants to think we are cming out to see the home team, but reality is some teams are draws, some are not.

Steff I'll be needing a two for that Friday game at the cell...ya think Jimbo's is the best place to go? Maybe I'll have some clout since my dad used to own the place and I lived in the building.

We'll you be there before the game?

I understand your line of argument, but I don't ascribe to it.  I've never personally claimed to have no interest in the Cubs.  In fact I dislike them so much that it really warms my heart to see the Sox play them well and hopefully win the series' against them this year.  Even though it's not an on-field rivalry with a long history, it is as intense as any in the game.  off the field we all know the story.

As far as paying a premium to see one game versus spending the same amount to see three or four other games, I again see your side of it but don't concur.  I'll be at the Indians day game the day before the Friday Cobs/Sox and I'll have a ball, but it won't be the same as being at a sold out park with the kind of intensity.  Sometimes you pay a premium for special events and it's cool if you're not willing to pay that too.  Fortunately it's not the $1000 ticket broker insanity we saw at Wrigley last year for the Yankees games, and that is crazy.  But for me, I only get to a handful of games a year, and I go into hock to fly my family in to do it.  In the scheme of things, the price of a ballgame is, within reason, not going to be the deal breaker.

FSJim,

I can see your side as well, thanks for the insight. What's right for some is not right for others, and I understand the other side of the coin a little better now.

I will also be at the 6/24 Sox/Indians game with my 4-year-old daughter, and I expect to have a great time with her. It's the first time that just she and I are going, without the Mom. Other than "lavatory adventures" :D , it should be a rockin' good time!

I will also be at the 6/24 Sox/Indians game with my 4-year-old daughter, and I expect to have a great time with her. It's the first time that just she and I are going, without the Mom. Other than "lavatory adventures" :D , it should be a rockin' good time!

I'll have my 4 year old boy and 6 year old girl (she's my diehard Sox buddy!) in tow as well that day. Grandma and Papa will also be there so hopefully they can do the potty shuttle and chase down the cotton candy guy so I can watch the game. :D

Of course we are wisely leaving the kids home with Grandma for Cubs/Sox. I don't think their vocabulary needs to be expanded by taking in all the colorful language that will no doubt be flying around.

Steff I'll be needing a two for that Friday game at the cell...ya think Jimbo's is the best place to go?  Maybe I'll have some clout since my dad used to own the place and I lived in the building.

We'll you be there before the game?

That's where all the guys in my office go. Not sure if I'll be there. Depends on if who I'm going with can get to my office early enough. I'll let you know.