Disheartening Article: Magglios GAWN in 05.

Flash Tizzle

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen, doo dah doo

Do you want to know a secret, doo dah doo

Do you promise not to tell, whoa oh, oh.......

Closer, doo dah doo

Let me whisper in your ear, doo dah doo

Say the words you long to hear,

I'm in love with you, wooh ooh ooh ooh :wub:

wooh ooh ooh ooh

Somehow I think this is much much more appropriate.

Day after day alone on a hill, the man with the foolish grin is keeping perfectly still

But nobody wants to know him, they can see that he's just a fool, and he never gives an answer

But the fool on the hill, sees the sun going down, and the eyes in his head, see the world spinning round

Well on the way, head in a cloud, the man of a thousand voices talking perfectly loud

But nobody ever hears him, or the sound he appears to make, and he never seems to notice

But the fool on the hill, sees the sun going down, and the eyes in his head, see the world spinning round

And nobody seems to like him, they can tell what he wants to do, and he never shows his feelings

Oh, round, round, round, round, round, and he never listens to them

He knows that they're the fools, they don't like him

The fool on the hill, sees the sun going down, and the eyes in his head, see the world spinning round

Oh, round, round, round, round, oh

Well.. since you appear to be the only person on this planet that has seen this article.. even though you say it was on ESPN, but now it's mysteriously vanished into thin air....

I suppose I could let it slide..

Naaa..

You lied. You told a lie. You are a liar.

I NEVER SAID I READ IT ON ESPN! I SAID I READ IN THE PAPERS!

And it was months ago when the 58/4 offer was made.

That being said, a new search strategy is proving useful: "Ordonez said"

I NEVER SAID I READ IT ON ESPN!  I SAID I READ IN THE PAPERS!

Oh.. I'm sorry. In the Tribune you say you saw this... :rolleyes:

My apologies. I got a bit mixed up in all this BS.

Alas.. you still lied. You told a lie. You are a liar. :nono

I NEVER SAID I READ IT ON ESPN!  I SAID I READ IN THE PAPERS!

Let me help you out with that article your looking for, IT DOESN'T EXIST. Maggs never said anything like that, you made it up.

Oh.. I'm sorry. In the Tribune you say you saw this...  :rolleyes:

My apologies. I got a bit mixed up in all this BS.

Alas.. you still lied. You told a lie. You are a liar.  :nono

I do not remember which paper it was & I never said it was the Cubune.

Steff, you could help with this you know. I would have to think that SOXTALK.COM has some posts in reference to the 58/4 offer. I would have to think that offer generated some discussion. You could search SOXTALK while I search all press releases.

Steff, you could help with this you know. I would have to think that SOXTALK.COM has some posts in reference to the 58/4 offer.  I would have to think that offer generated some discussion.  You could search SOXTALK while I search all press releases.

I'll check the Library to see of anything was printed the local paper.

SS2k4, you go down to the old Berman Farm and see what you can turn up there.

We'll all meet back at my tree house at 6:00pm and see what we've found.

:D

I searched as hard as I could, but I could not find any article that talked about a 4 year 58 million dollar contract, the only 4 year mention was this:

According to the report, Ordonez is seeking a five-year deal worth the $14 million annually he currently is making. The Sox reportedly are interested in just a four-year contract.

And that was from 4/14/04 Chi. Trib

If you give me more information I will find the article, or the one you remember reading.

But the 4/58 is coming up blank, as in the Tribune, Sun Times, and not one of the other 6,000 sources that were searched came up with any article that had Ordonez, 4 years, and 58 million in it.

I dont think your lieing, just might of skimmed the article, any information will help, as it only takes a seconds to get the search done.

SB

I'm on it. :ph34r:

I've have the reference date now.

It's around April 17th when the 58/4 offer was reported & Ordonez turned it down.

At least I'm finding 58/4 references. I'm willing to concede that even though I have proven that it is more probable that he did say "no" or "never" in response to the possibilty of the SOX signing him as a FA at the time this offer was made I have not proven it to be an indisputable fact & therefore designate it at best as a probable rumor.

That being said the best article to date on the subject is this one:

http://www.soxtalk.com/index.php?showtopic...9&hl=58+million

Ordonez, who is seeking a five-year deal at about $75 million, wants the White Sox to add a year to their four-year offer and to drop their talk of deferrals, vesting options and other gimmicks. But the reality is the Sox are only being prudent, trying to protect themselves.

If Ordonez wants to stay where he's comfortable, they are giving him a chance. If he'll stay only at maximum value—and how does he find out what that is without testing the free-agent market?—then general manager Ken Williams must consider his options.

You have to understand circumstantial evidence and logic to recognize where  :rolleyes:

Or just use your imagination. After all Southpaw was just arrested with Billy the Marlin, except I heard they were hanging out with Michael Jackson and trolling for 8 year olds on south beach... :ph34r:

Now prove me wrong.

Or just use your imagination.  After all Southpaw was just arrested with Billy the Marlin, except I heard they were hanging out with Michael Jackson and trolling for 8 year olds on south beach... :ph34r:

Now prove me wrong.

I listed 7 in-disputable facts in the thread to prove my case.

Let's hear yours. :rolleyes:

Steff, you could help with this you know. I would have to think that SOXTALK.COM has some posts in reference to the 58/4 offer.  I would have to think that offer generated some discussion.  You could search SOXTALK while I search all press releases.

I really don't care about that, so you look for articles concerning the deals.

Now.. if you think if Maggs made such a comment that it would only be in ONE paper and YOU would be the ONLY person to read about it.... then Southsider was right... you need some help.

Or just use your imagination.  After all Southpaw was just arrested with Billy the Marlin, except I heard they were hanging out with Michael Jackson and trolling for 8 year olds on south beach... :ph34r:

Now prove me wrong.

Actually I just heard Southpaw was spotted driving around a seedy area of Miami with Hugh Grant and Eddie Murphy.

Bystanders were quoted as saying that Hugh Grant kept yelling that Maggs was an arsehole for not resigning with the Sox!

Prove me wrong