Couple two tree tings I'd like to bitch about

Controlled Chaos

First let me say that all this s*** is compounded by the fact that I'm hung over, sweating my ass off...from walking here in this f***in rain forest humidity, stepped in a puddle and the sox got rained out last night!! OK let's get to the topics at hand....

#1) Golf Umbrellas....It's right in the name people...GOLF. They are not for walking on the busy downtown sidewalks of Chicago. I mean some of these things have the circumference to cover a Volkswagen. Just what are you trying to prove....Bigger is not better when you are slowing down the transports of society. Perhaps you got someone fired because they were late due to the holdup of your colossal canopy!!!! Oh and even worse is when a little old lady has one of those monstrosities. She can't hold it up any higher when she walks past you, so it is right at eye level.....It's like dodgin chinese stars. You have to take your umbrella from over your head and use it as a shield or risk losing an eye. Take heed grandma...leave the umbrella in grandpa's golf bag and get yourself a babushka.

#2) Luggage Carts....Ok I missed the memo...since when did wheeling your briefcase around become all the rage. I can see if you have luggage or tools, but nowadays people wheel around anything. Briefcases, backpacks, purses...How about we make a rule....if your bag or whatever can fit inside that little box outside the gates at the cell, then get it off the f***in wheel cart and carry the dam thing!!!

#3) Backpacks.....If you are not under the age of 25, a student, hiking up a mountain or a world traveler...then it's time to ditch the Jansport buddy. Do you have any idea how ridiculous you look walking around in a nice suit with a backpack strapped on?? Get a briefcase or something...but whatever it is please don't wheel it around....

Ok that's enough for now

Edited by Controlled Chaos

As long as you don't where it with a suit....It can be anything ya want

I am in deep south Texas, no one except vistors and bankers wear suits. :lol: I'm like the old guys I use to make fun of in Chicago. I haen't bought a new tie in 8 years, a new suit in 6 years.

Business attire is a pair of slacks and a golf shirt.

I am in deep south Texas, no one except vistors and bankers wear suits.  :lol: I'm like the old guys I use to make fun of in Chicago. I haen't bought a new tie in 8 years, a new suit in 6 years.

Business attire is a pair of slacks and a golf shirt.

I don't wear business attire either...If I had to wear a suit to work every day I'd quit. Either way....there wouldn't be a backpack on my back... ;)

I don't wear business attire either...If I had to wear a suit to work every day I'd quit.  Either way....there wouldn't be a backpack on my back... ;)

If I had to dress up for work, I don't think I'd take the job. I like my business casual M-Th and casual Fridays (JEANS!!!!). :cheers

If I had to dress up for work, I don't think I'd take the job.  I like my business casual M-Th and casual Fridays (JEANS!!!!).  :cheers

I put on a suit and tie for 15 years. Occassionaly, if I wasn't visiting clients, I could dress down for casual Fridays. I was lucky, my boss was in Milwaukee, my office was in Schaumburg. We both loved to ride motorcycles and he would find a Friday excuse every couple of weeks to have to meet me. Lake Geneva was always a good spot ;)

First let me say that all this s*** is compounded by the fact that I'm hung over, sweating my ass off...from walking here in this f***in rain forest humidity, stepped in a puddle and the sox got rained out last night!!  OK let's get to the topics at hand....

#1)  Golf Umbrellas....It's right in the name people...GOLF.  They are not for walking on the busy downtown sidewalks of Chicago.  I mean some of these things have the circumference to cover a Volkswagen.  Just what are you trying to prove....Bigger is not better when you are slowing down the traction's of society.  Perhaps you got someone fired because they were late due to the holdup of your colossal canopy!!!!  Oh and even worse is when a little old lady has one of those monstrosities.  She can't hold it up any higher when she walks past you, so it is right at eye level.....It's like dodgin chinese stars.  You have to take your umbrella from over your head and use it as a shield or risk losing an eye. Take heed grandma...leave the umbrella in grandpa's golf bag and get yourself a babushka.

#2)  Luggage Carts....Ok I missed the memo...since when did wheeling your briefcase around become all the rage.  I can see if you have luggage or tools, but nowadays people wheel around anything. Briefcases, backpacks, purses...How about we make a rule....if your bag or whatever can fit inside that little box outside the gates at the cell, then get it off the f***in wheel cart and carry the dam thing!!!

#3) Backpacks.....If you are not under the age of 25, a student, hiking up a mountain or a world traveler...then it's time to ditch the Jansport buddy.  Do you have any idea how ridiculous you look walking around in a nice suit with a backpack strapped on??  Get a briefcase or something...but whatever it is please don't wheel it around....

Ok that's enough for now

ANDY ROONEY, ladies and gentlemen - let's give him a nice hand!!

:D

"Dja ever notice the siiiiiiiiize of umbrellas these dayyyyyyys???"

NOt sure what constitutes a "golf umbrella". Mine isn't one of those tiny ones, it's basically a cane type. But not as big as one of those REALLY long ones. I use the one I do because it has the cane handle and is nice to hook onto things when not in use, and it will cover two people O.K. But I only use it when it is pooring rain, severly. But I also am a guy who doesn't run like mad when it starts to sprinkle. I found out that by running you only get 10% less wet, so I figure what the heck, I can deal with a little moisture for the most part.

Backpacks. I love mine, but I only use it while traveling. I keep all my stuff in it, and many times my change of clothes. But for everyday use? Nah. I know people who do, but in my job it makes sense to have something like that.

Lucky me, I never dress any different for work than I do outside of work, and trust me, that is saying quite a bit! Heck, my company didn't even object to me when my hair was purple, and down to my butt! :headbang

I hate people that make left turns, but while waiting for the proper amount of room, pull out so far that the people going to make a right turn can't friggin' see the traffic coming from the left!!! IDIOTS!!! You would think they would understand that they can't make a left if I can't make a right even!!! If I ever become a cause of Road Rage, it will be one of those situations that does it to me! :fyou

I found out that by running you only get 10% less wet, so I figure what the heck, I can deal with a little moisture for the most part.

What kind of scientific experiement was used to determine this? I'm not doubting it, just find it odd you have a percentage... :unsure:

Cripes, I heard this back in High School. What study was it? I have no idea. I always found it a silly little fact I heard, and use it all the time. You know, one of those stupid things that the saying "flogging a dead horse" was created for.

I need a life.

Myth busters tested the theory using died water and weighing the cotton suits before and after each test and they found no difference.

The walking is better theory holds that more water will just fall on your head and shoulders, not the rest of your body.

The running theory is less time in the rain = less rain soaked into the clothes.

Myth busters tested the theory using died water and weighing the cotton suits before and after each test and they found no difference.

The walking is better theory holds that more water will just fall on your head and shoulders, not the rest of your body.

The running theory is less time in the rain = less rain soaked into the clothes.

I was just gonna post that!

Mythbusters!!!! :headbang :headbang :headbang

NOt sure what constitutes a "golf umbrella". Mine isn't one of those tiny ones, it's basically a cane type. But not as big as one of those REALLY long ones. I use the one I do because it has the cane handle and is nice to hook onto things when not in use, and it will cover two people O.K. But I only use it when it is pooring rain, severly. But I also am a guy who doesn't run like mad when it starts to sprinkle. I found out that by running you only get 10% less wet, so I figure what the heck, I can deal with a little moisture for the most part.

Backpacks. I love mine, but I only use it while traveling. I keep all my stuff in it, and many times my change of clothes. But for everyday use? Nah. I know people who do, but in my job it makes sense to have something like that.

Lucky me, I never dress any different for work than I do outside of work, and trust me, that is saying quite a bit! Heck, my company didn't even object to me when my hair was purple, and down to my butt!  :headbang

I hate people that make left turns, but while waiting for the proper amount of room, pull out so far that the people going to make a right turn can't friggin' see the traffic coming from the left!!! IDIOTS!!! You would think they would understand that they can't make a left if I can't make a right even!!! If I ever become a cause of Road Rage, it will be one of those situations that does it to me!  :fyou

I don't even use an umbrella. The wind is usually blowing anyway and you're legs still get soaked. SO I figure why not just make it a uniform wetness....

Myth busters proved that for one variable.

Only one rate of rain, and only the speed of those two slow ass nerds. Hardly scientific.

If either guy was faster, or the rain came down slower, the result would be different.