AARRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!!!

Kid Gleason

I'm sorry! But for crying out loud! I forgot there no was mail delivery today! I hate it when the mail stops, and this is just friggin' silly! Does anybody else in this country other than me realize that the passing of Reagan is sad only for the imposing threat of death on everybody, but by no means to I think he went too soon, or find anything that horrible about it! HE WAS 93 (94 depending on what you read) AND HE HAD A NASTY OL' DESEASE GOIN ON!!!

All sympathy to his family and loved ones, but come on.

Somebody remind me, did the world stop for Nixon? I know there was no Presidential burial for him due to his exit from the house, so I can only assume that the rest of the world was not effected, even though up until that whole Watergate thing, many considered Nixon to be a pretty stellar President.

Sorry, maybe I should have dropped this in the rant thread going on. :ph34r:

Your rant sounds like a conversation I was having with a co-worker this morning. The only reason I am glad we are getting no mail is because that means no bills that I have to pay when I get home.

EDIT (my rant, not related to Kid's Rant): f***ING ROUSH! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! :fyou :fyou :fyou Ahhhhhhhhh I feel much better now... :wub: :lol:

Yeah. The poor man just needs to die. Buried and done for. He got carried around for a week of memorials, but honestly, wouldn't u want to just sit in your tomb and let your spirit go?

Thanks to the mail stopping today, I probably won't be able to do anything tomarrow because I have no $$$.

Yeah. The poor man just needs to die. Buried and done for. He got carried around for a week of memorials, but honestly, wouldn't u want to just sit in your tomb and let your spirit go?

Thanks to the mail stopping today, I probably won't be able to do anything tomarrow because I have no $$$.

Mail comes on Saturays :)

In the right field bleachers of yankee stadium the fans harass players who make errors by yelling the names of former players who would have made the play.

Last night Jason Giambi went for a foul ball, the ball hit his glove bounced off his face, and hit the ground.

after hearing "steve balboni would have made that play" and "tino would have made that play" and even "john mayberry would have made that play" one fan yelled "Ray Charles would have had that!" The laughter turned to cringes.

In the right field bleachers of yankee stadium the fans harass players who make errors by yelling the names of former players who would have made the play.

Last night Jason Giambi went for a foul ball, the ball hit his glove bounced off his face, and hit the ground.

after hearing "steve balboni would have made that play" and "tino would have made that play" and even "john mayberry would have made that play" one fan yelled "Ray Charles would have had that!"  The laughter turned to cringes.

:lolhitting

It wasn't a big shock, but anyone who didn't have a lump in their throat watching Nancy and the children hugging next to the casket must be without a heart.

To answer the Nixon thing: Yes, the mail stopped when Nixon died. Nixon had the oppurtunity to have a full State funeral similar to Reagan's, but refused it before he died. You see, the markets closing and the mail stopping was not directly caused by Reagan's death or funeral. It's because the President called for a National Day of Mourning. The NYSE has in their by-laws that when a NDoM is called for, they will halt trading. The USPS has in its Union contract that they will get the day off. I'm sure other Government workers union contracts are similar.

I don't really understand the "Big 3" carrying the funeral either except that they felt they would lose out viewership to the cable networks or would piss off a lot of "Reaganites" by not covering it. It all comes down to money, even with the coverage of a funeral. Fox News was wall to wall Reagan all weekend.