Shingo Takatsu

CubsSuck1

Question:  What if Ozzie doesn't get tossed?  Does he bring in Mr. Zero. or does he go with Kotch and risk blowing another One?

Old Socks, always bringing the negativity. Tisk tisk.

Billy's role is cleanup. Billy cleaned up the mess Garland made. Billy's new job is to just, not suck real real badly.

Question:  What if Ozzie doesn't get tossed?  Does he bring in Mr. Zero. or does he go with Kotch and risk blowing another One?

Thats a tough call. It would have been the first situation since the last time Billy Koch blew the game in Seattle. So I don't know if anyone knows what he would have done.

you're naive if you don't think that decision had already been made before Ozzie was tossed.

I was wondering why he(Baines) didn't go to Shingo earlier. Put shingo out there instead of Politte, and the game would have finished 10-6. Shingo still gets the save. I don't understand why Major League manager baby thier closers so much. Facing two extra batters would not have hurt Shingo, and it would have saved a whole lot of headaches.

That effort set up Takatsu in the ninth. He raced in from the bullpen to a standing ovation from the crowd seated down the left-field line and retired J.D. Drew, Chipper Jones and Johnny Estrada on three ground balls with seven pitches. Takatsu extended his scoreless streak to 20 1/3 innings, his streak of batters retired to 19 straight and lowered his earned run average to 1.16.