We don't need Beltran....

greasywheels121

Spend the prospects elsewhere. Agreed. However, I might think of trading Maggs for Beltran if we knew we couldn't sign Maggs and had already signed Beltran long term. Then the Royals could deal Maggs for prospects. Granted this was assanine and right out of my ass so don't think I want this to happen.

Spend the prospects elsewhere. Agreed. However, I might think of trading Maggs for Beltran if we knew we couldn't sign Maggs and had already signed Beltran long term. Then the Royals could deal Maggs for prospects. Granted this was assanine and right out of my ass so don't think I want this to happen.

I'm even starting to think there's life after Mags. I'm feeling better about next year; regardless of what Mags does. We'll still have a very sick offense. It'd be nice to have some dinero to spend on pitching.

I'm even starting to think there's life after Mags.  I'm feeling better about next year; regardless of what Mags does.  We'll still have a very sick offense.  It'd be nice to have some dinero to spend on pitching.

Yeah i agree with that 100%.

Team Batting Statistics

AVG--.285 (1st in MLB)

SLG--.478 (1st in MLB)

OBP--.356 (2nd in MLB)

OPS--.834 (1st in MLB)

H--576 (6th in MLB)

BB--215 (11th in MLB)

SO--356 (21st in MLB)

HR--86 (1st in MLB)

R--328 (1st in MLB)

RBI--312 (2nd in MLB)

Insane.

Those are great numbers. But, in the playoffs. We would need a quality left handed bat in the middle of our line-up. Doesn't mean it has to be, Beltran. But somebody.

How do our team pitching numbers look...after a rough week I hope we're still doing alright.

I seriously think that once this team gets clicking on all cylinders we'll be tough to beat. (A Freddy Garcia and another arm in the pen would help too Kenny!)

CWSOX45

How do our team pitching numbers look...after a rough week I hope we're still doing alright.

I seriously think that once this team gets clicking on all cylinders we'll be tough to beat. (A Freddy Garcia and another arm in the pen would help too Kenny!)

CWSOX45

The pitching hasn't been too good the last week. But we're still 3rd in the al with a 4.34 era. The starting pitching has been so good most of the year. I can't get too down that they're struggling a little now. I just hope it doesn't last long.

Those are great numbers.  But,  in the playoffs.  We would need a quality left handed bat in the middle of our line-up.  Doesn't mean it has to be,  Beltran.  But somebody.

That's got Steve Finley written all over it. Unfortunately, I think he'll be going to San Diego, which is one of the two teams he wants to play for, IF, they don't end up trading for Beltran.

That's got Steve Finley written all over it. Unfortunately, I think he'll be going to San Diego, which is one of the two teams he wants to play for, IF, they don't end up trading for Beltran.

Damn right it has Finley written all over it. He is exactly what this team needs.

Those are great numbers.  But,  in the playoffs.  We would need a quality left handed bat in the middle of our line-up.  Doesn't mean it has to be,  Beltran.  But somebody.

Timo Perez! Finley or Beltran would be awesome additions. A solid Center Fielder is what this team has lacked since Lance Johnson. (Take it that Kenny Lofton was only here for like 5 months.) If we get a CF like Finley or Beltran, and we STILL have money to get at good starter, I'll be VERY happy.

OK, those numbers are great, why not make em better  ;)

Exactly, and his defense is great as well. It's a no lose situation adding him to the club. Plus he's friends with Maggs. Not that, that will entice either to sign, but the comfort will be there to play well.

Timo Perez! Finley or Beltran would be awesome additions. A solid Center Fielder is what this team has lacked since Lance Johnson. (Take it that Kenny Lofton was only here for like 5 months.) If we get a CF like Finley or Beltran, and we STILL have money to get at good starter, I'll be VERY happy.

Haven't you been watching the kid playing there the last couple weeks? His range is improving every game and he has supplied a speedy left handed bat at the top of the line up. If you remember it took Willie about 20 games in CF last year to get comfortable and then he was very good. Below I compare him to Juan Pierre of the Marlins, I added 2003 to the fielding because Willie has so few innings.

This team needs another starter and a left handed bat with pop and average. The hole in the team so far is 3B where one of my favorites, Joe Crede is playing his way to the bench. Keep an eye on switch hitter Scott Spiezio, it looks like his back is finally coming around, he's 4 for 13 with a homer and 6 walks this week and Seattle may become sellers.

But Willie's good enough to win with in CF right now.

As glad as I am to hear that Reinsdorf is willing to open the wallet and give Kenny money to work with, I am reluctant to see us give up more young prospects to rent a player for a few months. I can see possible trade bait on our side being Wunsch, Rowand, Koch and possibly a couple more on the team now, but let's be careful about what we wish for.