If Carlos continues, he will be the biggest thing

maggsmaggs

This is so damn impressive. Like Hawk was saying last night, it's pretty crazy to think the Sox have been around as long as MLB has, and the franchise record streak is 27. It just shows how hard this really is.

This has really put DiMaggio's streak of 56 into perspective for me too. I have major respect for that guy now for what he did; I still think that record will never be broken. Another amazing thing is DiMaggio had a streak of 18 games right after he snapped the 56 game hitting streak; DiMaggio had a hit in 74 of 75 straight games that season. :o

Yeah - why bring it up?  I hope you guys knocked some major wood when you posted this.  ;)

This streak has been mentioned in every paper and on ESPN every night for the past few days. If the streak ends, it ends. It has nothing to do with a jinx.

This is so damn impressive.  Like Hawk was saying last night, it's pretty crazy to think the Sox have been around as long as MLB has, and the franchise record streak is 27.  It just shows how hard this really is. 

This has really put DiMaggio's streak of 56 into perspective for me too.  I have major respect for that guy now for what he did; I still think that record will never be broken.  Another amazing thing is DiMaggio had a streak of 18 games right after he snapped the 56 game hitting streak; DiMaggio had a hit in 74 of 75 straight games that season. :o

Just a note........ DiMaggio's 56 games is not the professional record for a hitting streak...... anyone want to guess what is and by whom?

NO CHEATING by looking it up!

Just a note........  DiMaggio's 56 games is not the professional record for a hitting streak......  anyone want to guess what is and by whom?

I've heard this before and if memory serves me correctly, it was by some no-name guy in the Texas League and the streak was about 61 games.

But, I'm really reaching for this so I may way off.

I've heard this before and if memory serves me correctly, it was by some no-name guy in the Texas League and the streak was about 61 games. 

But, I'm really reaching for this so I may way off.

Right number of games, Yas......... not a Texas Leaguer, however.

What I am most happy about is I finally dont have to keep defending Carlos because he is defending himself just like I knew he would. Everyone was all over Carlos for his hitting (.230 avg last month) and his running errors. But really, who cares about him screwing up on the basepath when he makes up for it on the offensive end.

Way to go Carlos.... 20 more hits til Sports Illistrated takes notice... :headbang

As he gets closer to 30 and with Kent's streak over, the media is gonna start talking about him a ton.  ESPN will have the Carlos Lee watch and he is gonna be in the lime light, he will soon be the top story in baseball.

I hope you're right. Also that's gonna mean some bigger crowds at the Cell.