Watching Frank play 1st

Texsox

Watching Frank play 1st reminded me of what an outstanding athlete he is. His work ethic is among the best in baseball. Some DHs seem to grow around the middle and get long of tooth, but Frank is so damn solid. I consider myself lucky to have been able to watch him his entire career.

Amen to that,

and Frank is having a great time this year with the team.

I forgot how he looked with a smile

Good point, I thought Oz would be good for him.

The next big test will be when Maggs comes back. We'll see how smoothly the lineup adjusts.

Good point, I thought Oz would be good for him.

The next big test will be when Maggs comes back. We'll see how smoothly the lineup adjusts.

I know this sounds nutty, but at this point i dont move Frank

and Lee from the 3 and 4 hole.

Maggs at 2 or 5?????

I know this sounds nutty, but at this point i dont move Frank

and Lee from the 3 and 4 hole.

Maggs at 2 or 5?????

Doesn't sound nutty today. We'll see in 6 weeks. That show some of the versiltility of Maggs. He could do well in the 2 spot. I wouldn't mind seeing Lee in the #2.

Frank is and has always been my favorite player. It's so awesome to see him revolving back to the batter he was in the 90s; he's had a solid season all around at the dish in '04.

--2nd in AL in HR (15)

--1st in AL in BB (54)

--2nd in AL in SLG (.626)

--10th in AL in R (42)

--1st in AL in OBP (.469)

--1st in AL in OPS (1.095)

I think disrupting our 1-2 at this point is not going to be smart.

We need our speedier guys in Uribe and Harris at the 1-2. I think that's a key.

I think something needs to get figured out between the 3-5 in regards to Maggs, Frank, and Carlos.

If I wanted to be less disruptive, I'd put Maggs in at 5 and keep 1-4 the same.

When you're getting production like that out of 1-4, you don't mess with it. Call me superstitious, but that's baseball.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Doesn't sound nutty today. We'll see in 6 weeks. That show some of the versiltility of Maggs. He could do well in the 2 spot. I wouldn't mind seeing Lee in the #2.

6 weeks? Mags will be back by the first week of July. They were saying he wants to come back NEXT week, but they're obviously going to be cautious with him.

6 weeks?  Mags will be back by the first week of July.  They were saying he wants to come back NEXT week, but they're obviously going to be cautious with him.

Yeah, what is the story with that? I open up my newspaper this morning and it says that Maggs wants to come back next week?????

Didn't he just have surgery like not even two weeks ago? He's supposed to be out for 6 to 8 weeks, correct?

Do NOT f*** with Frank at the 3rd spot in the order.

He's putting up All-Star numbers and is a true offensive threat.

Maggs can fall back into the 4 spot and Lee can drop to 5.

Yeah, hopefully him conceding the 3rd spot during Spring Training isn't put into effect when Maggs comes back. Magglio is a far better #4 hitter. Franks monster OBP should guarantee him the 3 hole.

From the Suntimes:

FIRST COMES DEFENSE: As well as Frank Thomas is hitting in a streak that has seen him reach base in 22 consecutive games, Guillen might lean toward defense in choosing between Thomas and Paul Konerko for the majority of playing time without the DH this week.

"I believe in defense, and those two teams [the Marlins and Expos] like to bunt,'' he said.