big hurt is back in town

hi8is

As most Franbk watchers have probably noticed, he's hitting more home runs without trying than he did last season when he was trying.

When he is on, it is so effortless, so smooth.

the things that people write on drugs... found this on a poetry site... wow, odd?

purple dinosaurs are nice to make

love with

on a sunday morning

at church

with alter boys singing

candles burning

and god watching

all the rotten maggots

run around

get some food for 5 bucks

and drive back home

stir, stir, stir

the madness just continues to stir

am i a monster?

or did a monster create me?

dont know if u all noticed or not, but with franks last 3 hrs, he is now 2nd in hr in AL... only 1 behind man ram for the lead =D

GO FRANK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took me awhile to figure out that 'man ram' was Manny Ramirez. :lolhitting

The big hurt is not back because he was never gone

Some of you Frank Thomas bashers were just ignorant to think he was washed up

Hope you do not break your ankles jumping on and off the bandwagon of the best White Sox hitter ever

He sucked ass for Frank Thomas in 1998. He sucked ass in 99. He was out for the year in 01. He was awful in 02. He hit .260 last year.

The Frank of 91-97 and 00 has left town before.

But he is back.

And, just to toot my own horn, who predicted this huge season? Yeah, that's what I thought. :D

Frank is the White Sox.

He is an awesome player and I can only hope he will retire a White Sox and entire the Hall as a White Sox.

I still don't get why everyone thinks he is such a horrible 1st Basemen.

I mean he's not going to win any gold gloves and his arm sucks but when it comes to reaching and picking the ball he's actually pretty good.

I just don't get why so called Sox fans refuse to recognize how great he truely is....

If this man does not go to the All Star game with these monster numbers, then it is all a sham!  :angry:

Eh, someone will probably get injured out or decide not to go and he'll lose to the AMAZING Jason Varitek again.

I hated that....This was before I discovered Soxtalk; I was devoting that whole week to voting for Frank. That was pathetic to see Thomas couldn't play in the all-star game in his own park.

I hated that....This was before I discovered Soxtalk; I was devoting that whole week to voting for Frank.  That was pathetic to see Thomas couldn't play in the all-star game in his own park.

Just goes to show you how outnumbered we are.

Why can't players/managers vote for who should be in? They would obviously be more fair about it. They'd be like "Yeah that guy killed us and other teams I'm definatelty voting for him", while all those bozos in Boston are voting for their bench players.

He sucked ass for Frank Thomas in 1998.  He sucked ass in 99.  He was out for the year in 01.  He was awful in 02.  He hit .260 last year.

The Frank of 91-97 and 00 has left town before.

But he is back.

And, just to toot my own horn, who predicted this huge season?  Yeah, that's what I thought.  :D

Dude

In 2002, Frank had 28 HR, 92 RBI, 0.362 OBP, 77 Runs scored, 88 walks and 0.472 SLG% after playing only in 148 games....yes, his average was down (0.252), but these #s are NOT sucking ass (remember he was coming off a horrific injury from 2001)

In 2001, he was injured so that does not count

In 1999, Frank hit 0.305, 0.414 OBP, 0.471 SLG%, 74 R, 77 RBI, 87 walks despite playing in only 135 games (due to ankle injury), had a 21 game hitting streak that year (career best), reached base safely in 115 out of the 135 games he played in....these #s are NOT sucking ass....yes his HR was down that year (15), but still he rebounded with 43 HRs in 2000

In 1998, Frank had 109 runs, 109 RBIs, 110 walks, 29 HRs, reached base 271 times (5th in the league that year)...so again despite hitting only 0.265 in average, these #s are NOT sucking ass

It's so nice to be able to talk s*** to all the Cub fans that said Frank was washed up. Frank has always been my favorite player and probably always will be. The scary thing is, this is usually the time of year he starts to heat up. You could see another 2-3 weeks of Frank just crushing the baseball. If we win the division. I know who my mvp is :headbang

Frank's "problem" - if you want to call it that - is that he set the bar SO high for himself, that a .265 BA looks bad by comparison. But his eye and discipline at the plate is so great that his OBP is always up there, even when the average is down for him.

Frank's REAL problem, at least as far as being recognized for the hitter he's always been, is that his demeanor is off-putting to media parasites, who decide to write negative stories about him because he won't suck their asses. I can guarantee you that if Frank had been a big phony glad-handing asswipe like Mark Grace or Sammy Sosa, there'd have been writers pimping him for the Hall Of Fame for YEARS already. But since he's seen as moody, or more accurately, since he is himself around them, they've decided to accentuate the negative on Frank ( off-field stuff ) instead of the positive ( at the plate, during the game, where it matters ).

It's a no-win situation, and I for one am glad that Frank has frozen the media leeches out. They're going to write what they want to anyway, why feed them?