Over 90,000

quade36

I went to Saturday's game, over 34,000.  Sunday's over 32,000.  The park is amazing when the stadium is packed. 

Sox record in games I've been to this year 9-3.  They have also scored 10 or more runs in the last 5 games I've been too....

I was at Friday's game...the attendance sucked! 23,000!

There's actually an awesome atmosphere at that place when there's 25000+.

I was at the Sat. game (first of the season), in the upper deck around first base. I had this latino family in front of me (one of the kids had an awesome fro) that I practiced some of my old HS Spanish skills on. There was some guys on my left that were cool, too.

Hopefully I can sit in the outfield sometime soon.

I think Ozzie's done more than re-energize this team. I think he's re-energized the whole organization and it's starting to reflect in the fans, too...

Sox record when I'm in attendance: 1-8.

The one win came on opening day. Went to the Wednesday loss against the Phillies and left in the 5th inning, thinking it might give us some good luck without my presence. Didn't work. I apologize to all of you for my bad luck. Next game I'm going to is July 10th. Just pretend I'm not there.

Good to see the big crowds this weekend though.

Sox record when I'm in attendance:  1-8.

The one win came on opening day.  Went to the Wednesday loss against the Phillies and left in the 5th inning, thinking it might give us some good luck without my presence.  Didn't work.  I apologize to all of you for my bad luck.  Next game I'm going to is July 10th.  Just pretend I'm not there.

Please never go to a game against MINN, then.

The one win came on opening day. Went to the Wednesday loss against the Phillies and left in the 5th inning, thinking it might give us some good luck without my presence. Didn't work. I apologize to all of you for my bad luck. Next game I'm going to is July 10th. Just pretend I'm not there.

:o

That’s terrible.

I'm also going to the Cell on July the 10th (I believe it's the Sox vs. Mariners) so I'll keep in mind that you're around if the Sox do start loosing against a great team.

:o

That’s terrible.

I'm also going to the Cell on July the 10th (I believe it's the Sox vs. Mariners) so I'll keep in mind that you're around if the Sox do start loosing against a great team.

Maybe you could share some of the force, Yoda. I could use it.

The one win came on opening day.  Went to the Wednesday loss against the Phillies and left in the 5th inning, thinking it might give us some good luck without my presence.  Didn't work.  I apologize to all of you for my bad luck.  Next game I'm going to is July 10th.  Just pretend I'm not there.

Keep going man. Prove that its not you giving them bad luck. From 1999-2002 the Sox record in games I went to was 11-42. Thats pretty bad. last year my luck started to change. I thought I was in trouble starting at 1-7, of course watching them win the opener, then lose 7 straight. I finished last year at 7-8. Thats not too bad considering the previous three years. Thats why I am so exited about this year being 9-3.

The crowd yesterday was great. And huge props to Brooks for leaving the kids run the bases lines open longer than usual so the kids from the UD could come down and run them.  :headbang

HEY! THE UPPER DECK PEOPLE DO NOT GET TO USE THE AMENITIES DOWN THERE!!!! :lol:

Seriously, I like the things Brooks has done so far......even the (ugh) mascot, I guess!

....actually, I'll never LIKE a mascot, but if it hooks kids on the Sox, it's okay I guess.... :huh

This was great to see. People make such a dumb big deal about the neighborhood and Bridgeport being this and that. Whatever. I'd much rather go to Sox Park and hang out with a bunch of REAL baseball fans, than go to Wrigley Field and sit next to some 22-year-old accountant assh0le who's blabbering away on his cell phone about his 3-flat in Lakeview and his Volvo in the parking space. The Cubs and most of their fans make me want to hurl chunks of puke.

I won't shed a tear if I never set foot in Wrigley Field again. It's just full of stuck-up wanna-be's who need every 5th person in their life to think they're cool because they went to a Cubs game, or something. Afterwards, you just go to the same stupid bars you've already been to a hundred times and blow another $100 for no reason other than "to look cool being in Wrigleyville". Please. Spare me. I'd rather watch flies mate and paint dry than go to another lame-assed Cubs game.

It's great to see more people are coming to Sox Park. It figures. In Chicago, major league baseball is played on the south side. Minor league ball gets played on the north side. Oh well - not our problem. :headshake

It's great to see more people are coming to Sox Park.  It figures.  In Chicago, major league baseball is played on the south side.  Minor league ball gets played on the north side.  Oh well - not our problem. :headshake

You make some great points.....Welcome to the board, Blizzard of Ozzie! :cheers

This was great to see.  People make such a dumb big deal about the neighborhood and Bridgeport being this and that.  Whatever.  I'd much rather go to Sox Park and hang out with a bunch of REAL baseball fans, than go to Wrigley Field and sit next to some 22-year-old accountant assh0le who's blabbering away on his cell phone about his 3-flat in Lakeview and his Volvo in the parking space.  The Cubs and most of their fans make me want to hurl chunks of puke.

I won't shed a tear if I never set foot in Wrigley Field again.  It's just full of stuck-up wanna-be's who need every 5th person in their life to think they're cool because they went to a Cubs game, or something.  Afterwards, you just go to the same stupid bars you've already been to a hundred times and blow another $100 for no reason other than "to look cool being in Wrigleyville".  Please.  Spare me.  I'd rather watch flies mate and paint dry than go to another lame-assed Cubs game.

It's great to see more people are coming to Sox Park.  It figures.  In Chicago, major league baseball is played on the south side.  Minor league ball gets played on the north side.  Oh well - not our problem. :headshake

Well said!

This was great to see.  People make such a dumb big deal about the neighborhood and Bridgeport being this and that.  Whatever.  I'd much rather go to Sox Park and hang out with a bunch of REAL baseball fans, than go to Wrigley Field and sit next to some 22-year-old accountant assh0le who's blabbering away on his cell phone about his 3-flat in Lakeview and his Volvo in the parking space.  The Cubs and most of their fans make me want to hurl chunks of puke.

I won't shed a tear if I never set foot in Wrigley Field again.  It's just full of stuck-up wanna-be's who need every 5th person in their life to think they're cool because they went to a Cubs game, or something.  Afterwards, you just go to the same stupid bars you've already been to a hundred times and blow another $100 for no reason other than "to look cool being in Wrigleyville".  Please.  Spare me.  I'd rather watch flies mate and paint dry than go to another lame-assed Cubs game.

Welcome to Soxtalk Blizzy!!!

The way I see the competition for eye balls and wallets is thusly, I could be wrong.

There are great baseball fans on the north and south sides and they follow their favorite team. They are very uch like us, know the game, are passionate, and so forth. They may go to a game at the Cell to see the Yankees, or some other top line player or team. But for the most part, they will not be Sox fans.

Then their are the accountants on the cell phone discussing the 3 flat. Guess what? That's how we get to 3,000,000 in attendance, that's how we sell out. We are battling for the very fans we are sticking our noses up at. It's an expense account outing to the ball park. Buy that Koch jersey on sale for 1/2 price, get that extra hot dog and beer.

The way I see the competition for eye balls and wallets is thusly, I could be wrong.

There are great baseball fans on the north and south sides and they follow their favorite team. They are very uch like us, know the game, are passionate, and so forth. They may go to a game at the Cell to see the Yankees, or some other top line player or team. But for the most part, they will not be Sox fans.

Then their are the accountants on the cell phone discussing the 3 flat. Guess what? That's how we get to 3,000,000 in attendance, that's how we sell out. We are battling for the very fans we are sticking our noses up at. It's an expense account outing to the ball park. Buy that Koch jersey on sale for 1/2 price, get that extra hot dog and beer.

Being at the park this weekend, I didn't feel that the extra 15000 fans were the accountant, 3-flat type. Maybe that's because I was UD, but I didn't get that feeling that when 34000 came, it was inflated on corporate accounts.