Gammons: Catcher and 3rd Base

BobDylan

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get serious, no one is going to take Burke in a trade, they could have had him for free in past couple of years.

Yeah, I know. But maybe the Royals are that desperate....I wish. I don't really want to see Olivo gone, but if it means seeing Beltran here for long term, go right ahead.

Yeah, I thought that was interesting as well. The only guy out there I prefer is Sheets since he can be dominating. Garcia is very, very good, but I'm not sure he has those same sort of dominating outings.

I just don't see the White Sox as one of the 4 teams that can meet those needs.

Olivo and Crede should be fixtures on our team for the next 5 seasons IMO.

I agree with Olivo for sure, but I'll hold off on Crede. Not because I don't think he is good or won't continue to improve, but because this guy Fields could very well move up quickly and may end up being a better option. We'll see, and like I said, I'm not necessarily saying this to be the case. However, Josh Fields looks like the real deal.

:dips***

Why in the hell would we trade Miguel Olivo...

For god sakes he can throw, hit {Which he is proving this year}, and can call a damn good game.

I'm not giving him up for some overrated CF who well demand a huge contact that will cripple this team.

Sometimes I wonder if some of you know anything about baseball whatsoever....

I don't want to be like the Rangers, finishing in last place because we spent all our money on one player.

We trade Olivo and KW should be fired and the team contracted....

NO f***ING WAY DO WE TRADE OLIVO... :headshake

:dips***

Why in the hell would we trade Miguel Olivo...

For god sakes he can throw, hit {Which he is proving this year}, and can call a damn good game.

I'm not giving him up for some overrated CF who well demand a huge contact that will cripple this team.

Sometimes I wonder if some of you know anything about baseball whatsoever....

I don't want to be like the Rangers, finishing in last place because we spent all our money on one player.

We trade Olivo and KW should be fired and the team contracted....

NO f***ING WAY DO WE TRADE OLIVO... :headshake

No one said we should trade olivo..........

Yeah, I know. But maybe the Royals are that desperate....I wish. I don't really want to see Olivo gone, but if it means seeing Beltran here for long term, go right ahead.

/\ Here is an example of someone who would trade Olivo for Beltran /\

f***ing insane!

A few points here ...

First, Crede is not "obviously expendable" because of Uribe. Uribe has played very little 3B and his future is NOT at 3B. Despite his struggles this year at the plate, Crede is a good defensive 3B.

Burke is 32 or 33 and has little to no trade value.

Beltran, even IF acquired, would not be with the Sox long term. His agent is Scott Boras, need I say more on the Beltran topic.

Fields, while a 1st round pick and promising, has the same inexperience issues as Borchard (two sport athlete). It is highly likely he will need time ... like 2 full years of minor league experience.

Some of you guys go off half cocked with these trade rumors without thinking through the logistics.

I like the Finley idea, don't know about his no-trade clause situation. He'd be good as a rental. Good veteran presence and is, by all accounts, a good clubhouse guy.

The Sox are placing a strong emphasis on character and "fit", if one looks closely at what KW says.

Allan Baird will get fired if he gives Beltran away. Every contending team is gunning for him.

Olivo + Crede should do it now that Beltran has cooled off and banged his knee.

The problem is, Olivo should untouchable. Ditto for Crede. Sox are in no position to be giving up the future for an overrated position player when they have Judy as a #3!

This was the interesting phrase for me

I like that; it shows we have one of the best GMs in the bigs. Imagine if he had the freedom to work with a team that has a $80-$95M payroll. KW would be scary. However, I really don't think Beltran's worth it. We know he's going to be just a rent-a-player.

Let KC trade Beltran elsewhere. Let us have Finley. He costs less, and while is maybe not just as good, he is still a very solid player. He has a ring and has been to two different World Series.

Problem solved.

I'm more worried about getting a stud starter and then a reliever or two before getting a CFer personally.

They are talking about Burke in that post, not Olivo.

:headshake

Then why is Olivo's name in the post? :huh: In his previous post he talked about Burke, then someone said he is 30 and the subject of the post turned to Olivo...

Eh, my brain is screwy right now anyway, I am sure I am missing something...