Gammons: Catcher and 3rd Base

BobDylan

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know I was reading this thread and to be real honest alot of you guys make no sense. First thing as much as I like Beltran it makes no sense for us to even consider trading for him. Our biggest weakness is pitching that being said we need to concentrate all trade efforts on picking up a solid 1 or 2 type SP. With Willie playing CF i really dont see CF as much of a need. Everyone in here seems to be disagreeing about who they rather have between two guys that IMO arent worth the trouble to get. Beltran would cost the Sox to much in terms of talent and salary owed over the remainder of the season so you can forget about him. Finely isnt worth getting he has been hot of late but the guy is 40 years old and is clearly playing over his skill lvl. I would much rather see the Sox pick-up a Sp ala Ben Sheets or Freddy Garcia then either of these two hitters our team has plenty of bats with more bats ready to go in the minors. If we are going to give up alot of talent in term of minor league players for a player I would look for that guy to Ben Sheets not Garcia or Beltran or Finely with Sheets he would be here for the next 2-3 years as for the others they would only be here for the next 4-5 months makes no sense in my book. Another thing those of you who really think that the sox will trade for beltran and lock him up long term are smoking the good s*** cause Boras will not allow that to happen even if he did what would make you think the sox would spend the money on beltran when they clearly dont want to spend the money on Maggs who has been here since the start. It will never happen, The sox will make a move but it will be for a pitcher not a hitter and if they do make a move for a hitter expect it to happen in july not now

Paragraphs are EVIL!

;)

Mr. Scarecrow ... "if I only had a brain".

No existentialism there.

Ahhh, you're a clever little devil.

Yeah, I'm aspiring to be JUST LIKE YOU (smirk).

Did I give you permission to address me?

Insert Mahler's Summer Variations on STFU in the vinyl-a-phone; close lid. 

Ahhh.....

Yeah, umm, right ... permission.

Thankfully, your intellectual-wanna-be "I'm oh so clever" psychobabble has once again avoided my understanding.

And for that ... I'm grateful.

I prefer to wipe my feet on the way in, not on the way out.

In ProSportsDaily.com it's reported that the GM of the Brewers has said Sheets is untouchable.

Do they ever cook up trade scenarios in NY! I would imagine the Colon trade was cooked up by NY sports writers & the Yanks & Sox just needed to buy into it.

Let's just say there are several options discussed in PSD.com for getting KC what it wants for Beltran. Apparently the Padres GM sleeps with his picture by his bed so they will likely pay the highest price.

What I found dissapointing for SOX fans is that now that the M's have annouced Garcia's on the block why do the Yankees always have to pop up in these talks? Let's just say the SOX are in a line of suitors for Garcia.

I'm just going to pray that Munoz performs well when he gets his shot at the 5th.

I don't need a domnant or even a quality start. I just want a win. A win for Munoz.

That would lift the spirits of all SOX fans.

Seeing as you're the one who said you wanted to avoid me - hypocrite - YOU are the one who's seen fit to do all the replying.

Run and get the thread locked, just like you locked the PM's.

Hypocrite.

You should call yourself Joan Baez instead.

Seeing as you're the one who said you wanted to avoid me - hypocrite - YOU are the one who's seen fit to do all the replying.

Run and get the thread locked, just like you locked the PM's.

Hypocrite.

You should call yourself Joan Baez instead.

I never said anything about avoidance. Again, you're putting words into my mouth. If I wanted to avoid you, I'd have avoided you. I just didn't want to put up with the silly PM's you couldn't put in the thread because they contained words not suitable for your mother.

Can't call me out in public? What are you a sissy? You need a purse?

I never said anything about avoidance. Again, you're putting words into my mouth. If I wanted to avoid you, I'd have avoided you. I just didn't want to put up with the silly PM's you couldn't put in the thread because they contained words not suitable for your mother.

Can't call me out in public? What are you a sissy? You need a purse?

I'll HAPPILY call you out, one to one. In public.

Tough guy.

HAPPILY.

Just let me know ... tough guy.

I'll HAPPILY call you out, one to one.  In public.

Tough guy.

HAPPILY.

Just let me know ... tough guy.

Franz, will you look at yourself? You are challenging me to a fight over this? Go see some help.

Franz, will you look at yourself? You are challenging me to a fight over this? Go see some help.

You wanna take pot shots, little girl, and then go run and hide?

Seems like that's your style.

I think it's YOU who needs the purse ... Scarecrow.

Or should I say Cowardly Lion?

Joan Baez, yeah, that's perfect for you.

You wanna take pot shots, little girl, and then go run and hide?

Seems like that's your style.

I think it's YOU who needs the purse ... Scarecrow.

Or should I say Cowardly Lion?

Joan Baez, yeah, that's perfect for you.

Joan Baez accomplished more in a few years than you could in 500.

Go write some more, Franz.

Joan Baez accomplished more in a few years than you could in 500.

Go write some more, Franz.

I think all that dope you've smoked has finally taken its toll.

Accomplishments?

More than you'll ever know, or do, for that matter.

Little girl.

I think all that dope you've smoked has finally taken its toll.

Accomplishments?

More than you'll ever know, or do, for that matter.

Little girl.

You're right Franz, I'm an 8 year old pot smoking hippy. Nice job, you've exposed me.

You're right Franz, I'm an 8 year old pot smoking hippy. Nice job, you've exposed me.

The eight year old part doesn't surprise me.

The rest of it, well, that's obvious.

"If I only had a brain".

Ok Franz, go face your father now.

Yawn.

You're not that bright, get some new material.

Dylan is a lyracist, what the hell happened to you?

You can't write clearly and you're one dimensional.

Plus you run and hide like a little girl.

Not a good combination, too bad for you.