Which format would Detroit like now?

Is the current 2-3-2 or the old 2-2-1-1-1 better for Detroit at this point?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Is the current 2-3-2 or the old 2-2-1-1-1 better for Detroit at this point?

• 2-3-2 I want to close 'em out at home ASAP
    • 2-2-1-1-1 winning 3 in a row is tough

This is confidential but what the Pistons would like is the format where they would have

fouled Shaq with 9 seconds left in game 2 -

Yes, they would. But who knows what adjustments LA would have made after being down 2-0 vs. 1-1 and going to Detroit?

Still it's nice to see the Pistons put up a challenge. I remember how sportmanlike they were when the Bulls finally beat them in the Conference finals. To not draw attention to themselves they left without shaking anyone's hands.

Still it's nice to see the Pistons put up a challenge. I remember how sportmanlike they were when the Bulls finally beat them in the Conference finals. To not draw attention to themselves they left without shaking anyone's hands.

That Pistons team from 15 years ago was perhaps the greatest collection of defenders that the league has ever seen, but they were, for the most part, a bunch of assholes.

Now, this Pistons team? Ben Wallace and Tayshaun Prince are the types of guys that you'd like your daughter to bring home. I can't say the same for Bill Laimbeer, Dennis Rodman, Rick Mahorn, Isiah Thomas, etc.

That Pistons team from 15 years ago was perhaps the greatest collection of defenders that the league has ever seen, but they were, for the most part, a bunch of assholes.

Now, this Pistons team?  Ben Wallace and Tayshaun Prince are the types of guys that you'd like your daughter to bring home.  I can't say the same for Bill Laimbeer, Dennis Rodman, Rick Mahorn, Isiah Thomas, etc.

I use Rodman as the poster boy for bad parenting and how forgiving fans are if the guy is wearing the home jersey.

When Rodman pushed Pippen into the seats during a playoff game, Bulls fans wanted him suspended, banned, castrated, whatever.

As soon as he was pulling boards for the home team the only talk was wwhat color hair he had for that game.

The Pistons have shown the inferiority of the East is just hype. My favorite team the Indiana Pacers, had the best record in the NBA, at 61-21. The Pistons are just a better team; they have the potential to score and the defense is ALWAYS on. I don't think it matters what the format is; the Pistons are going to win it.

The Pistons have shown the inferiority of the East is just hype.  My favorite team the Indiana Pacers, had the best record in the NBA, at 61-21.  The Pistons are just a better team; they have the potential to score and the defense is ALWAYS on.  I don't think it matters what the format is; the Pistons are going to win it.

The Pacers are phenomenal. They were my back-up plan, just in case the Pistons didn't make it. Once again, being a Bulls fan, I hopped on the Pacers bandwagon on the strength of Ron Artest (just like I did with the Pistons on the strength of Ben Wallace). Defense is what does it for me.

If you play mean defense, you will have me on your bandwagon for certain.

And of course, I like the Spurs and the Rockets. My buddy tried to tell me that they're west coast teams, so you can't root for them (as it's not what the NBA purist does!). But, Texas is not a west coast state in my book! They love their defense down there! And that's all that matters.

Now, California on the other hand....

With the exception of baseball, that state ain't worth a DAMN when it comes to sports. No defense, you see? Although the Raiders are like an east coast team stuck out west. Poor Raiders. :headshake

People out west are just....different. What can I say? Just like Wesley said in "White Men Can't Jump", they'd rather look pretty and lose, as opposed to looking ugly and winning. The Sacramento Kings philosophy. :lol:

Not that this applies to EVERY individual out there, but sports is one hell of an indication as to what people in given regions are interested in. People out east love defense, plain and simple. What is Chicago known for? Defense. What is Detroit known for? Defense. New York? Defense.

You don't have to watch Karate Kid Part 1 to recognize that it all starts with defense. Wax on, wax off.

The Pistons are just a better team; they have the potential to score and the defense is ALWAYS on.  I don't think it matters what the format is; the Pistons are going to win it.

Exactly. They are the superior team. They should have swept. The 2-3-2 makes sense from a logistical standpoint because of the travel.