White Sox All-Stars

hogan873

Take a look at the stats of some of our White Sox. Frank Thomas, Paul Konerko, Juan Uribe, and Carlos Lee have potential All Star stats. I suppose we should expect good numbers from Thomas and Konerko and even Lee, but Uribe has been a great surprise. Not only is he getting on base, he has power, and he can play three positions well.

But guess what? Konerko and Uribe are not even on the ballot. Konerko is not because Thomas is on there for 1st base. Uribe isn't on there because he's not a starter at any one position. I know, I know, we can write them in, but that's not going to get them enough votes.

Thomas and Lee won't get enough votes, either. They're on the ballot, but we can't vote enough times to get them there.

This is frustrating because it's the fans that vote. I guess that I agree the fans should have a say in who goes to the mid-summer classic, but some of those selected boggle the mind.

I saw today on ESPN that Sammy Sosa is one of the highest vote getters for OF for the NL. Sosa hasn't played in weeks. And I can imagine that Garciaparra will be getting plenty of votes (maybe not enough to get in), and he just played his first game!

When the strting lineups are announced in Houston, I can already see 3 or 4 Yankees and no White Sox. I can see Sosa there, but the multi-talented Craig Wilson of the Pirates will be watching from home.

I guess we can be thankful that the managers can pick the pitchers. Maybe we'll get lucky with Buehrle and maybe Takatsu making it.