White Sox

Jordan4life_2007

Is the 2004 White Sox offense better than the 2000 offense?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Is the 2004 White Sox offense better than the 2000 offense?

• Yes, it's better
    • No, the 2000 offense was better
    • Tie, They're both equally good

I say the 2000 team was slightly better because they were more clutch.  It seemed like no lead was safe for the other team in the late innings & indeed we pulled quite a large number of games out of our ass like that.

Right now the 2004 offense seems like it's going to put up better numbers, but you're right about that Nuke. I can remember so many 2-out rallies that year; that club was really fun to watch.

I think 2000's was a little better but it is close. With Durham and valentin at the top of the order we knew what we had, but Harris and Uribe are still have to prove themselves in my mind.

This years offense is really good, but 2000 just seemed more reliable. Then again things are always better in memory.

IMO, the 2000 offense clicked better. They could put up runs in bunches.

However, I think this offense will be better suited for the postseason. We have a LH bat in the middle of the lineup instead of at the top(Valentin in both cases), and I think we will get another LH bat somewhere down the line as well.

2000 will have the stats and clutch hits over the 2004 offense, however, I think we all will like the 2004 offense more in the end.

I say the 2000 team was slightly better because they were more clutch.  It seemed like no lead was safe for the other team in the late innings & indeed we pulled quite a large number of games out of our ass like that.

Well said. There was a certain aura surrounding that offense. You could feel they were it. I had a confidence that no team was going to shut that offense down on any given day. I had that confidence in our offense on this year's team....for about 2 games. This lineup looks better on paper, but is more inconsistent and less clutch.

No sooner do I post something like this than we come back in the late innings and fry the Fish.

I love this s***!!!

:headbang

I think 2000's was a little better but it is close.  With Durham and valentin at the top of the order we knew what we had, but Harris and Uribe are still have to prove themselves in my mind. 

This years offense is really good, but 2000 just seemed more reliable.  Then again things are always better in memory.

We knew what we had with Valentin at this point in 2000? Jose was a huge question mark when we traded our ace pitcher, Jamie Navarro, for him and Eldred.

Jose was a huge question mark when we traded our ace pitcher, Jamie Navarro, for him and Eldred.

Ace Pitcher Jamie Navarro?!??! Please tell me that was supposed to be in green. The word "ace" should never be mentioned in the same PARAGRAPH as Navarro's name.

Ace Pitcher Jamie Navarro?!??!  Please tell me that was supposed to be in green.  The word "ace" should never be mentioned in the same PARAGRAPH as Navarro's name.

He's right, though. Navarro was the ace of our staff at the time. That's how bad it was. Look how far the staff has come since 1999...

Ace Pitcher Jamie Navarro?!??!  Please tell me that was supposed to be in green.  The word "ace" should never be mentioned in the same PARAGRAPH as Navarro's name.

Oh c'mon Nuke ... referring to Navarro as an ace is so outrageously ridiculous, that I didn't think green was necessary. The words themselves are just dripping with sarcasm.