Sox-Cubs Series

jasonxctf

If everything holds steady.. (No rainouts) the expected pitching matchups for the Sox/Cubs series is...

Game 1- Garland vs Prior

Game 2- Schoenweis vs Zambrano

Game 3- Loaiza vs Maddux

My early predictions..

Game 1- Sox 4 Cubs 3

Game 2- Cubs 7 Sox 2

Game 3- Sox 3 Cubs 1

Intereresting. Zambrano is the one that scares me the most out of those 3 right now too. Prior's probably the best pitcher in the bigs, but he's definitely not going to be back at full potential for that series. We should have no problem hitting Maddux; he has not been that impressive this year.

Intereresting.  Zambrano is the one that scares me the most out of those 3 right now too.  Prior's probably the best pitcher in the bigs, but he's definitely not going to be back at full potential for that series.  We should have no problem hitting Maddux; he has not been that impressive this year.

Maddux is the exact type of pitcher that owns the Sox. He will school our hitters.

All the starters had a bad turn during the last rotation. Scho has been a little shakey, but not because he's been pitching bad. In the Braves game, he had a 1-2 count. Threw two strikes that were both called balls and then gave up a double on the next pitch that scored the difference in the game.

I think he'll do alright when he comes up again.

It will be a VERY interesting series indeed. Remember, Schoeneweis leads the AL in quality starts, (maybe not anymore) if he can pump out another for us, that'd be really nice!

I also hope Jon bounces back well after that 10-run routing he recieved. His ERA got juiced to the 5's, which really sucks.

I believe it's 4.71. Not 5 but definitely close and basically only that high because of one outing.

• 2 weeks later...