official game thread 6/15

Ishmookie

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody know who is getting the start tonight..>Thomas or Konerko?

Thomas is reported to get the go tonight.

Thomas on roll, so he gets 1st shot in field

By Dave van Dyck

Special to the Tribune

When the White Sox play Tuesday night at Florida, Frank Thomas is expected to start at first base instead of Paul Konerko.

That means Konerko, who has 14 homers and 39 RBIs, will be just a pinch-hitter in the National League park. Konerko is expected to start some of the six games played in Florida and Montreal.

Thomas is on an offensive roll, one that rivals those of the mid-1990s when he won back-to-back MVP awards and Ozzie Guillen was his shortstop.

"I don't worry about Frank catching the ball," Guillen said.

There's another reason, though, that Guillen favors Thomas.

"At least when I put Frank in the lineup, I don't have to hear him all day in the dugout," he said.

Mookie, you better start ALL threads during the Cubs' series'!!!!! Anyway, Garland needs to work the corners tonight and be careful when there are baserunners b/c the Marlins are nOT afraid to run. GO SOX!!!!!!!! :headbang

Pitching matchup

FLA: RHP A.J. Burnett

• 0-2, 10.80 ERA in 2004

• Has never faced CWS
CHI: RHP Jon Garland

• 5-3, 4.73 ERA in 2004

• Has never faced FLO
Just look at Burnett's ERA    :bang

Those are his first two starts after being out for a year after Tommy John surgery. Take those stats with a grain of salt.

Lets do what the cubs couldn't! Garland vs. Burnett. 6:05 first pich. i'm 6-1 when starting game threads.

Amen! The key to success for all Sox pitchers in this FL series is to keep Castillo and Pierre off the basepaths!

Those are his first two starts after being out for a year after Tommy John surgery.  Take those stats with a grain of salt.

Yeah, those stats don't mean anything. He is on a schedule a lot like Prior, so we will see the Marlins bullpen tonight. I know Benitez is having a great year, but how is their middle relief and setup?